I'm looking for some good bluetooth headphones with a mic built in.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by jordanh91, Jul 2, 2009.

1. jordanh91 macrumors member

Do you guys know if there are any inexpensive but long lasting ones that have a mic that'll work with the ipod touch? My headphones with the remote/mic broke. :(

2. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

No matter how expensive they are, the Touch doesn't support bluetooth microphone from headsets. Already tried. I've got four different headsets, all with mics, and none with the voice recorder or Skype on the 2nd gen touch.

3. jordanh91 thread starter macrumors member

Ahh, dang. Well, I suppose I could live without a Mic for a while, until Apple maybe implements that capability into 3.1 :p Ah well, my mic on my headphones still works well enough, as does the left earphone :D]

Thanks for the reply, 4DThinker.

4. goinskiing macrumors 6502a

goinskiing

Sorry to revive this old thread, but do you think it's a hardware thing or software configuration that could be fixed, say in 3.1 or 3.2, for instance? So as far as anyone can tell, the only way to have the microphone at this point is with the Apple headphone+mic?

5. scott940603 macrumors newbie

as far as i know u need a bluetooth chip in the machine to have bluetooth for the device. now even though ipod touch 2g has a bluetooth chip for the nike+ipod function, it's locked for only that purpose and i don't think apple's gonna unlock the chip so yes it is a software configuration but no it won't be in 3.1 or 3.2

6. JediMeister macrumors 68040

The 3.0 software allows the bluetooth chip in the iPod touch 2nd gen to be used for other purposes than Nike+iPod. However, only select profiles have been enabled for the iPod touch. While all the iPhone models support the headset and handsfree profiles, the iPod touch does not.