i'm looking for.....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Pau.c, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Pau.c macrumors regular

a case for the iPod touch 16gb 2g with a bit which covers the access ports at the bottom, obviously not the headphone socket but the actual connecting port! i have had 2 iPod's replaced because of dust and now i am just paranoid that it will happen again! what do you guys recommend?

2. dragonmantek macrumors regular

dragonmantek

there aren't any cases like that, that i know of anyway. but you could get a gel cover, that's what my father has, i don't like covers.

i've never heard of too much dust getting into the USB connection port. where do you put it that it gets so much dust that it can't work anymore?

3. Pau.c thread starter macrumors regular

its not that it cant work just it gets in the screen and bugs the **** out of me!

and i only use my ipod while on the motorbike/pushbike/plugged into my bose docking station or when i'm flying somewhere! never in dusty enviroments!

4. dragonmantek macrumors regular

dragonmantek

i don't quite understand. why would you want to cover the bottom port, if you use it to dock it.

and the dust gets IN the screen? then you might have a cover problem or screen defect.

5. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

iSkin touch Duo

The iSkin touch Duo has a 30 pin connecter cover. http://www.iskin.com/touchduo/
    To bad it costs $34.99! I bought it for my iPod touch and I like it. The plastic cover is a nice thing. Too bad I lost it. But when I had it, it was a great case.

6. Tieranus macrumors newbie

Just use some tape to cover it up. You shouldnt have to worry about dust getting into it then, and impact damage is no issue either since cases usually wrap around the bottom too. Or just tape a piece of plastic (like the one that comes with the iPod Touch) to cover the bottom. Cheap, but effective.

7. Pau.c thread starter macrumors regular

that is exactly what i need! is it only available outside the uk?

8. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

Does the plastic cover hinder the touch screen functionality? It seems like it would.