I'm Looking Forward to 1.1.4

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheSpaz, Jan 27, 2008.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I don't know about you guys but, 1.1.3 is really buggy on my iPod touch.

1. Using the AV Composite cable with 1.1.3 makes video stutter and jump on the TV... it never did this before 1.1.3 and I downgraded to double check.

2. Safari is even slower than before and pauses an awful lot now. I'll click a link or try to change to other pages and it will just freeze there for 5 seconds and I'm like "Helllooooo? What happened?" and then BOOM, link opens up and it starts to work again. This seems sloppy.

3. The new "old" Dock with the G5 background is ugly and I want the shiny Dock back because it had STYLE and looked nice (one of the things I liked with the iPod touch over the iPhone).

4. The Music app STILL crashes when using Safari. I was at my girlfriend's house and I was using Safari for a few minutes, then when I went to listen to music again, there was no more currently playing and my artist list was set on an artist that I wasn't even listening to? Why?

5. This isn't really a bug but, it looks funny where you can see 2 icons kind of "stick" to the edges of the zooming window while you're launching an App... it just looks funky.

This is (in my opinion) the worse iPod touch/iPhone update yet. The main thing that bothers me the most is the fact that I can't enjoy videos on my TV anymore with it. Also, today I bought an Apple DVI to Video adapter to use with my Mac Pro and when I got home I found out that it's not compatible with the GeForce 7300 (the package did not say that anywhere on it). Anyone else having problems with 1.1.3? Post them here please.

(Note: No complaining about the price of the January App Update please, we've heard enough of that).

2. Ilovemyipod macrumors regular

Ilovemyipod

I KNOW EXACT PROBLEMS:mad:

3. nintapple macrumors member

4. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Download the new beta if iNdependence and run it. It should kick the iPod touch OUT of recovery mode. I had to do that to mine once.

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I have found theres a music bug since purchasing my touch which had the firmware before 1.1.1 on.

happend this monring in fact, I had a track selected ready but I forgot to press pause so I paused the trak moved to next track and went back to the track I want, locked my touch about 10 mins later I'm out the door double tapped the home button to press play and wouldn't you believe it, the first song listed under songs was playing and not the song I wanted. like I said I have had this problem since purchase but it did seem to die down with 1.1.2 but its now back in 1.1.3 grrr

6. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

If Apple JUST fixes the video skipping bug, I think I'd be happy again. I can't believe that they're promoting iTunes movies and rentals but, then make the iPod touch suck at playing them on a TV... that seems like a pretty big oversight. It doesn't only happen on iTunes purchased or rented movies though... it happens on all movies/videos no matter the resolution or encoding. Perhaps Apple did this on purpose to encourage people to buy the AppleTV... that would be a pretty mean thing to do if that was the case, so I'm not going to automatically assume that they did.

7. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

i can't wait for 2.1.2 to come out.

all updates will have some problems and solve some problems.

thank GOD we are not on a windoze device.

8. rascal2u macrumors member

I'm rarely a first-adopter, but something about the ipt made me jump in against all reason... week 47 with it's John Lennon box convinced me that the hardware is sound. It's the buggy software that keeps me from jumping through apple's update hoops.

The 1.1.2 firmware ( with it's reflective dock which i prefer) continues to do everything I bought this gadget for- videos are stunning (Beowulf rocks!),
    coverflow is smooth, itunes integration is seamless (even tho i prefer manual media management), and the lack of 1.1.3 apps is nothing to lose sleep over.

If 1.1.4 addresses all of your issues I'll be happy for the community. If it doesn't, I believe the architecture is solid. When the SDK comes out, developers will be so profit-mad that they'll release apps that are hastily designed and we'll still have problems.

So, relax.

When S. Jobs cuts prices, adds a cam, increases flash mem,
    creates gaming controls superior to the ipod classic, and sells it for less, next gen users will be even more pissed off at new platform problems.

You, first adopter, will smile at the next wave of macrumor newbies and their whining:D

9. YuriVoorhak macrumors regular

I haven't had the "Safari kills music" thing happen, and it isn't for lack of trying. What am I doing wrong? :)

My only real beef waiting to be resovled is copy/paste. Disk access would also be nice.

10. Heather1 macrumors regular

Heather1

Can't you customize it or something ?! Or you don't wanna hack it ?!

11. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

It looks like they didn't work on the iPod touch version longed enough. I think they simply ported over the iPhone version to ipod touch and did just enough to make sure it can run on the iPod, thats why we loose the nice lil dock. Guess I am little glad that there wasn't enough in 1.1.3 to tempt me to upgrade. Still stuck on a fine 1.1.2, the biggest thing that kept me away was the lack of wallpaper and dock change, I love to customize my iPod touch look.

12. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

If it wernt for paying for the software update, i would be using 1.1.2... i like it alot more, and i will be very happy when 1.1.4 come out...

13. whosyopapi macrumors newbie

For 1.1.4 i want:

More apps. I dont care if you have to pay for them. Someone will eventually find a way to get them for free (thats how i got mail/stocks/notes/weather/maps-jailbroke. loved it

Flash. I NEED to watch my ESPN.com updates, and itransmogrify doesn't work on espn

we'll never see it, but id like to see support for divx videos. i have all my dvd's ripped and i have to convert them over to m4v which takes foreverrrrr

Support for google video

customizable springboard-kind of like what summerboard does. change backgrounds/font/colors

ability to make slideshows and add music.

allow 3rd party apps without having to jailbreak

some of these will never happen, but these are the sorts of features id like to see.

14. Chimpy macrumors 6502

Am I nuts, or has anyone else noticed the Touch skipping around randomly in an album? I choose the first song in an album and start play; I'll then notice that the song I expect to come up doesn't, and some other song within the album does.

I haven't had time to sit down and do some testing to see if it's me (bad tags? I'm just crazy? :)) or the Touch yet...

15. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Tap the Album Art to bring up the playhead and check to see if you have shuffle turned on. It's the little blue shuffle icon on the top right corner.

16. Believe IT macrumors newbie

Believe IT

G5 Background

I think the G5 background look a lot better than the old one personally.

17. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I'm starting to get used to it. I really liked the reflection look though. I can see why they got rid of it though. When you have your entire screen filled up, the Dock at the bottom didn't look like a Dock anymore... it just looked like more icons with a line under them. At least the G5 Dock is BOLD enough to look like it's separate from the rest of the icons.

18. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Now at least the dock has MEANING because you can put stuff on different screens. Before it was just some pretty end near the home screen.