I'm looking to upgrade my HD

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pyth, Jul 6, 2008.

1. pyth macrumors member

I have the baseline MacBook, the $1099 one and I've effectively run out of space. I need to upgrade the HD.

1) I was looking at a 750GB HD. I'm not really good with computers' innards, so I'm not sure if this is good or even useable for me.

2) Is there a better 750GB out there that I can use?

3) Do I need to upgrade something else in addition to the HD if I do 750GB?

Thanks so much, I totally know nothing about this stuff and yeah. :D

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

AFAIK, there's no 750GB notebook drive out there that the MB could use. 500GB drives are just starting to appear, and 320GB drives are the largest common drive available.

The MB takes a 2.5" SATA drive, up to 9.5mm in depth.

3. Kalafut macrumors regular

Kalafut

www.macsales.com

buy it, install it, thats it. and i think that 500 gb is the max for the macbook,

4. NovemberMike macrumors member

There are three important things: storage capacity, speed and physical size.

Storage is easy, larger is better. To make the larger drives, they have to use more advanced techniques which also means that they have better performance.

Speed is a little trickier. Faster drives have better performance but take more power. I personally recommend a 5400rpm drive.

Physical size has only one answer: 2.5" laptop drives. Don't worry too much about the height, as you'll rarely find one larger than 9.5mm, but anything larger than that won't fit.