I'm losing it with album art!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Gix1k, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

OK, I have has this problem since the 1st gen Touch and now the 2nd gen Touch. I drag mp3s from PC to iTunes. It installs them. I highlight all tracks, right click, get info. Drag the image that's for the cover to the box. It shows there. I hit OK. It does all the ID tag stuff and done. I go to music, on album view that album is a black box..I switch to landscape where the images show and get to that album...black, no cover. I scroll past to next album....the one that was black, I can see the cover showing that it's next or I just passed it. Go back to it...black. Album cover will NOT show when that album is selected nor when a song from the album is playing. I had this working with an old version of iTunes on my gen 1, but never had it working on my gen 2 cause it requires a newer version of iTunes. Anyone able to help me...someone, please!!!

2. Joetang macrumors member

I have a problem like that but ionno how to get fix it. It shows the album art on my iTunes, but some of them won't show on my iPod Touch. But sometimes, when i close itunes then open it again, it works. *shrugs

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

You need to right click the song, and go to the last tab, Options. Then manually select the cover (make sure it's highlighted in blue) and then click ok or hit enter.

4. iOwnxD macrumors member

you should get album art by right clicking your song and clicking get album art because that works perfectly

5. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

When I right click a song now and go to the artwork tab, the image is already there from when I added it by highlighting all the songs and doing what I said in the first post.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Have you tried deleting all songs off your ipod then syncing them back?

7. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

On my gen 2 touch I have. I did the 2.2 update which failed and wiped the whole device, so i had to add all songs back. Doing same thing with 2.2 and latest version of iTunes..