I'm lost...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by FatGuy007, Oct 24, 2012.

1. FatGuy007 macrumors 6502

Forget price for a minute, I honestly don't know what to get.

The iPad Mini has an anodized back (if you get black), those curves, and the best part it is small border around it. What I don't like about it is the outdated hardware and no retina display.

The iPad 4th generation has A6X, bigger screen, retina display. What I hate about the iPad is the width of the borders (i guess they have to do it for battery and hardware), weight, and maybe its size.

I'm honeslty lost, I don't know what to get. After the confrence there was just too much things, ipad, ipad mini, MBPr 13in, iMac, mac mini.

2. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

If you want to play games, use the latest apps and be as current as possible get the iPad 4.

If you're more in to browsing, emailing, reading, etc. "light weight" type of use the mini would probably suite you just fine.

3. waa1futs macrumors 6502

If your lost I'd go into a store and play with both iPads before making a decision.

4. zhandri macrumors 6502

or you wait a few months... i bet in spring they will release the ipad mini with a retina display

5. iEvolution macrumors 65816

Well if price and portability are of not much or any concern the 4g iPad would be the better buy.

To be honest if you arent extremely invested in the Apple Store the 32gb nexus 7 is just around the corner and double capacity for half the price. Not to mention better screen and processor. It would be a better buy than the mini. Of course if you are buying Apple you probably aren't concerned with price.

If you plan on using it outside your house a lot I would consider the mini/nexus 7, if your plan is to use it mostly at home then I dont see a reason not to get the 4g.

6. waa1futs macrumors 6502

I think this place would explode if that happens. Dunno if macrumors walls could stand the amount of whines & moans since they've already been weakened today by iPad 3 owners ;)

7. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

You know apple, they're going to come out in March and say "Well, we listened to you, you wanted a retina mini, and now you have it!"

As if they are doing what we want.

But, it is a smart business move I would say.

8. FatGuy007 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't know about the Nexus 7, I have had 2 androids and I feel like somethings missing. Maybe the lack of iTunes, Movies, iCloud, Siri.

I really love the design, size, portability, and thinness of the iPad Mini, but it just seems outdated with it's Hardware.

9. sineplex macrumors 6502

do what i do... wait at least 30days. just 1 month.

believe me your feelings change and change again... then they settle. you can then decide with a clear concious and not be clouded by excitement and false judgement.

10. Idefix macrumors 6502

best thing to do is wait until the fog clears!

once the reviews and benchmarks start coming in, things will make more sense.

11. iEvolution macrumors 65816

Well the A5 is certain to be supported for awhile so unless you are into those high end games I don't think the older processor is going to be much of a problem.

Even then I doubt developers are going to make apps strictly for the A6 otherwise they would be cutting off the iPad 3, iPad mini, ipod touch 5g and iPad 2.

12. trip1ex macrumors 68000

I'd say the opposite. Browsing is going to be better on the IPad 4.

Gaming will be fine on the Mini-Ipad. Lesser cpu, but you are also moving around less pixels which helps offset it a bit. Otherwise yeah the Mini is for lighter use because of its smaller screen.

13. FatGuy007 thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually the A5 on the iPad 2 was faster then the A5X iPad 3 (due to the resolution), I could run Infinity Blade 2 smoothley except in those huge boss fight it would run around 20-30fps. I am sure to get Real Racing 3, so I'm wondering how would that work.

14. zhandri macrumors 6502

i really think they will. i think they just updated the 10" ipad to get away from the A5 and get the new connector out. why is there no redesign? simple: there will be a redesign in april (maybe). it's so unlike apple to keep the same design this long + they need to release something in spring because they updated their major cash cows almost at the same time. maybe they will keep the 1 year update cycle with the ipad mini but i bet everything I have they will update the 10" ipad in april next year with a whole new design (will look like the new ipad mini with scuffed chamfers...;))