I'm making a web app for the Iphone, where do poeple go to get it?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by cootersgarage6, Jan 28, 2011.

1. cootersgarage6, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011

Hi, I am currently making a web application for the iPhone and iPod, but I was wondering, where does this even show up? Where can people go get it? Does it even come up in the Appe Store? And please don't me mean about it, because you guys are really mean on here. Lol

2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

People don't "get" a web app. A web app is simply a web page. People just go to your URL to "get" your web app. They can then add a bookmark on their home screen if they want to launch it like an app.

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

A web app, normally, is just like any other web site that must reside on a hosting server somewhere. You then need to direct users to the URL for them to access the web app.

They go to the URL that points to its location on the host to get to it.

No, the App Store is for native apps, not web apps. Now, if you wanted your web app to show up on the App Store you would have to build a native app wrapper around it. (And then you would have to decide if the web app resides locally within the native app or still resides on the hosting server).

4. Ding.Dong macrumors regular

Apple still has its web app page:

They list thousands of different webapps. You can submit it there and have it featured. I don't know how many people actually go to that site anymore. I used to frequent when I had my original iPhone, back before there native apps. I haven't gone there in years, though.