I'm never going to get the new iMac!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ApplesAOranges, Feb 16, 2013.

  1. ApplesAOranges macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2011
    #1
    I´ve waited already for 7 weeks and now I have to cancel the order and go back in the line, because of the freaking SSD price cut. :mad:

    Probably still another 7-9 weeks of waiting. I can´t believe getting a computer is this freaking difficult! :apple::mad::apple::mad::apple::mad::apple::mad::apple::mad::apple::mad::apple::mad::apple::mad:
     
  2. seble macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2010
    #2
    I feel sorry for you bro, sounds like you're having a tough time. Why don't you call apple support and see if they can help you at all?
     
  3. seanm9 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2007
    Location:
    Cape Cod, MA
    #3
    if you ordered it with the SSD you will get the new price... if you didn't order it with the SSD you are out of luck... but i think the extra you would spend on the SSD reorder would see more benefit with buying an external SSD... kinda the best of both world
     
  4. roverma macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2012
    Location:
    The Netherlands
    #4
    You didn't have to cancel and reorder.....
    Read the other thread, people phoned Aplle and got a price adjust without the need to reorder.
     
  5. ApplesAOranges thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2011
    #5
    Yes I ordered originally with SSD, but I was told I have to cancel that order, reorder and go back in line.
     
  6. forty2j macrumors 68030

    forty2j

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2008
    Location:
    NJ
    #6
    Stop ordering through 3rd party resellers, at least until April.
     
  7. flynz4 macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2009
    Location:
    Portland, OR
    #7
    Through Apple or a reseller? I do not know where you live... but do you have ability to order direct from Apple?

    /Jim
     
  8. DigitalKiwi macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2013
    #8
    I feel your pain.

    I was also forced to cancel and re-order (and thus go to the back of the line) so I could upgrade to the SSD. I did it via the Apple call center.

    They said because the SSD increased the value of the order (I had previously configured it with the 3TB fusion drive) there was nothing they could do.

    Seemed a bit naff to me as my machine hadn't been assembled yet. The girl said she would try and get the order moved back to its original slot but not to hold my breath.
     
  9. Squilly macrumors 68020

    Squilly

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2012
    Location:
    PA
  10. FreemanW macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2012
    Location:
    The Real Northern California
    #10
    THIS. One thousand times this.

    All threads discussing problems with new iMac orders . . . . DONE.
     
  11. DigitalKiwi macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2013
    #11
    I ordered from apple.com! And it was the apple call center in Ireland that told me I'd have to cancel the order and place another one (they actually did it for me).

    So 3rd party resellers aren't the issue here - its Apple's own process that's the problem.
     
  12. gaddster macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2013
    Location:
    liverpool, england
    #12
    Its a bit naive to think will look after their 3rd party suppliers before their own direct customers (bearing in mind they make more cash from a direct sale), I used to work for a 3rd party retailer and know if there are problems, apple have a stronghold with supply contracts and you will wait longer.

    The only time to buy from a 3rd party supplier is if the machine is in stock or delivered from manufacturer (wait for the 10% off over £1000 deal which happens a few times a year)

    NB: to the original poster, we share your pain but order it from apple straight away, we are all getting ours in the times specified, explain to apple whats happened and see if they can help
     
  13. HenryDJP macrumors 603

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2012
    Location:
    United States
    #13
    That's strange though, I buy all of my Macs directly from Apple's webiste. There have been times when prices have dropped. I call them and they set it up in the system to price adjust me (refund my credit) the difference after the item has shipped and delivered. Now if I wanted to change my order for even the smallest thing such as changing the included mouse to a magic trackpad then that would require them to cancel and reorder. You should've asked for someone higher up. They told you wrong.
     
  14. DigitalKiwi macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2013
    #14
    I did question it: Apple told me if the change had reduced the cost of the order they could have simply altered the existing order for me - but as it increased the cost (because I'd swapped the fusion drive for the SSD) then the only option was to cancel and place a new order.

    I'm not overly fussed; I was only 1.5 weeks into the wait anyway so its not the end of the world. But I'd be happier if I'd kept my place in line. :)
     
  15. Brian Y macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2012
    #15
    Yeah, they can't re-authorise an order for more than the amount they originally ring fenced on your credit card. If it's less, they can simply take less, but it it's more they have to re-authorise your card, hence the need for a new order if the price increases :).
     
  16. righteye macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2011
    Location:
    London
    #16
    Sorry iam a bit unclear as to whats happening here, there has been a price cut so you have had to cancel the order, by how much has it gone down.
    If i wanted it that much i would say keep the $$$ give me the B***** machine!
     
  17. kflanary macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2012
    #17
    The education discount price is still $225 -- what price cut are you all talking about?
     
  18. Ice Dragon macrumors 6502a

    Ice Dragon

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2009
    #18
    The 768 GB Flash storage option went from $1,300 to $900.
     
  19. Lil Chillbil macrumors 65816

    Lil Chillbil

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2012
    Location:
    California
    #19
    or better yet, do what I did and buy a maxed out 2007 or 06 model for $125 and then use the rest of the money to throw a party :D
     
  20. kflanary macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2012
    #20
    Oh I didn't realize that! That's a significant price cut! Seems there ought to be some sort of retribution for anyone that paid the full amount since the price cut didn't happen at an update time.
     
  21. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

    smoking monkey

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2008
    Location:
    You Only Live Twice
    #21
    But you are after an upgrade, yeah?

    I think the others are not talking about your situation. If you had ALREADY ordered the 1300 dollar SSD version, just a call to Apple will get you the adjusted price.
     
  22. 725032 Guest

    725032

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2012
    #22
    A computer shouldnt be causing you this much stress.

    Is there something stock you can buy locally?
     
  23. Ice Dragon macrumors 6502a

    Ice Dragon

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2009
    #23
    They offer it I believe if you purchased it within the last month and never received it, they'll give you $400 back.
     

Share This Page