I'm new and need help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rubysatti, Sep 18, 2011.

1. rubysatti macrumors newbie

Hello

I know this question have been asked several times and i dont know exactly how this website work to try and find out previous threads.
    I have iphone 8gb, the first and oldest one. I wanted to get viber it in, but my iphone said, i need to update coz i had version3, so i tried to upgrade this and all i end up is emergency only calls. I dont know anything about this mobile as i was given this to me 3 years ago. itunes says it needs valid sim card. i tried to restore factory settings like pressing home key and on/off key etc but all i end up is after it says it is restoring etc etc, its just goes back to emergency only calls. For further info, i have mac book, the oldest one and itunes 10 in my laptop. I'm not a computer person at all. so dont really know much about these stuff, Hopefully someone can help me. Cheers

2. Eluded macrumors newbie

Eluded

3. rubysatti thread starter macrumors newbie

hello

thank you very much fr ur help. i'm still stuck. Now on my iphone i can only see the same emergency calls only and cable with itunes. i can make emergency calls. but on itunes its saying sim card inserted is not compatable or if i dont put sim card, then says no sim card.
    i tried every possible thong so far, i did the blackra1n thing too.
    anyone out here to help

4. rubysatti thread starter macrumors newbie