I'm new!! I've got a few questions for you guys..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mekkakat, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Mekkakat macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I'm new around here, and an avid PC enthusiast/hobbyist, so please don't hate me Mac guys :p.

I've never really got in to the whole iPod/MP3 player craze, but I love portable anything.. and it was the Touch or the Nokia N810.. and well.. I broke down and got the Touch.. it was just too clean to pass up AAAAAND..

Microsoft Live.com (30% Cashback)+ Ebay's current 10% Off any item for up to $100 off= a $230 32gb Second Gen iPod Touch

and one very happy Mekkakat! :D (please jump on these fantastic deals guys!)

anyhow, I got it on it's way here soon, and I can't wait, but I also can't decide if I should use it legit, or JBreak it.. I've got some questions.

1. If if JB it, can I still use the app store?

2. Can I reverse it?

3. What if a really "good" update, like flash, or a legal VoiP comes out for it.. we have to lose everything to update right?

4. Is it stable and safe?

hey, thanks a lot guys, and hope to hear from you all soon!

2. hotheadedjonny macrumors newbie

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Not sure, but I believe that you can install the update then re-jailbreak it.

4. It SEEMS to be safe. (Most bricked iPods that have been jailbroken were able to be fixed, or the problem was not due to the fact that it was jailbroken in the first place)

However, do note that 2g touches are not able to be jailbroken yet.