I'm new to apple devices, need serious walk through for jailbreak.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Doris15, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Doris15 macrumors newbie

Doris15

I've recently become an imac owner:D I love it, so I also bought and itouch and I really want to jailbreak. I've tried Ziphone, but no dice. If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it. As previously stated I'm new to all this so the most detailed instruction would be needed. I've tried everything and am beginning to get discouraged. Please help!!!!

2. Blue Fox macrumors 6502a

Blue Fox

If you are new to Apple products, don't even attempt a jailbreak. It'll cause you more headaches than you could ever imagine. I'm an advanced user with Apple products, and even then jailbreaking was a pain.

But what purpose (being a new user to the products) would you want to jailbreak it for?

3. Doris15 thread starter macrumors newbie

Doris15

One of my husband friends broke his right before they deployed using some video from YouTube. He was supposed to do it for me but left before he got the chance. My husband told me about all the sweet things this guys device had that mine didn't due to the break. That's basically it. Bad reason?

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Use QuickPwn or PwnageTool. Update to software 3.0 first.

ZiPhone hasn't worked since 1.1.4. It's been worthless for over a year.

5. Blue Fox macrumors 6502a

Blue Fox

Not really a bad reason, but these sweet things that his can do......are they features that you can find by using an App from the App Store? Just about everything I used to jailbreak my old iPod touch for, I can now find an App in the App Store to do it (ususally free too). So there's no reason for me to Jailbreak mine anymore, but I would look into seeing if other Apps available through the App Store would do the same without having to jailbreak it.

6. Doris15 thread starter macrumors newbie

Doris15

Honestly, I'm not really sure. I never got to see his. My husband told me he has the original Mario on his, and I haven't found it in the App store. Mainly, I was curious about the whole thing and had no idea the degree of difficulty I was dealing with. It is a pain!

7. Doris15 thread starter macrumors newbie

Doris15

Thanks, I had no idea.

8. NSK123 macrumors regular

NSK123

it's not that straightforward to get mario on the iphone..

what that guy had was an emulator, a bios file for the emulator to be able to play the game, and then he had the games .rom file itself.

If you are not able to simply read up on the internet with a few google searches on how to jailbreak the device (which is not that complicated), then don't.. Because you will surely run into problems while or after jailbreaking.

no offence, but it's not that hard and a quick search would lead you to the Dev team Blog which has everything you need to know http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

you still need to be somewhat of a tech head to really benefit from JB'ing, it wouldn't be worth the hassle just to play mario with an emulator. And if you want to install themes etc.. things can get messy.

9. Doris15 thread starter macrumors newbie

Doris15

I've read damn near everything I could about I was just apprehensive about screwing something up. Thanks for the link though.

10. Doris15 thread starter macrumors newbie

Doris15

Looks like I'm in way over my head. Thanks for everyone's help but I'm satisfied with my itouch as is, so I think I'm gonna keep it that way.;)