I'm new to iPhone's and I need help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sdapplefan, Oct 14, 2011.

1. sdapplefan macrumors newbie

I probably should have called the Apple store and asked this, but I have a question. So, I just decided to get the iPhone 4S, but I'm not sure about where to get it. I'm getting paid at around noon today which means I won't have my paycheck in hand before I start waiting in line. I want to be able to get my iPhone and put it on my Verizon bill so I can pay for it at the end of the billing cycle and I know I can definitely do that at the local Verizon store. However, can I do that at the local Apple store or do I have to pay up-front for the phone? Thanks.

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I don't know what Verizon's policy is but the Apple Store requires you to pay for the phone at time of purchase. You might want to confirm Verizon has bill to account for the iPhone.

3. sdapplefan thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much. I'm kinda bummed I won't be able to be a part of the excitement at the Apple store, but I should have thought about this in advance.

4. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Best way to get a iPhone in the store is wait to the day after the launch and go to a Apple store as soon as it opens (may still open earlier). They should of restocked but in a much smaller quantity (so don't wait to later on in the day).

You will avoid all the lines this way.

Also do not try this with other retailers or carriers they will be sold out for weeks, but apple stocks the next day.

5. Young Spade macrumors 68020

At this point the above poster is right; if you order from anywhere, you'll be waiting 2-3 weeks. What you need to do is run to the Apple store daily, before it opens to try and get one.

People did this when the iPad 2 came out and it was a lot more effective than just ordering and waiting for the allotted time.

You could also sit back and wait for reviews and whatnot; maybe buy a case or two? I still haven't bought a case yet though, I'll probably do that today.