I'm new to macs, how do I upload photos?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by NatGood77, Jan 2, 2009.

1. NatGood77 macrumors newbie

I plugged my camera in with the USB cord, and nothing happened. Any advice?Sorry if this question has been asked, I searched the forums, and most of the questions were way out of my league (I'm not very technologically savvy...)

Thanks!

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

You can use either iPhoto to get the photos to your computer or Image Capture, both come preloaded.

3. mr.light macrumors 6502

In some cases I have had to open iPhoto before plugging in the camera. Is the camera on? MOST of the cameras I have used startup iPhoto automatically when they are plugged into the computer. What kind of camera and computer?

4. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

iPhoto is the easiest way. You can set it up so that when you connect your camera to your Mac, it automatically opens iPhoto.

The other way would be to navigate through the memory card's folders to find where the pictures are located and drag-and-drop them to your computer.

Either way you chose, make sure that you turn your camera on when it's connected to your computer, or else nothing will happen.

5. NatGood77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, that's what I've been trying to use, but I can't figure it out (like I said, REALLY not technologically savvy...) How do I use it to upload the photos?

6. NatGood77 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've turned the camera on, but it shuts off as soon as I plug it in... hm... I guess that's more of a camera issue than a Mac issue.

7. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Apple's website has a lot of video and text tutorials to help you out with iPhoto. Here is a link to the page:

http://www.apple.com/ilife/tutorials/#iphoto-organize-0

8. NatGood77 thread starter macrumors newbie