I'm new to unlocking, and need some help/information

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jax129, Sep 27, 2014.

1. jax129 macrumors newbie

Sep 27, 2014
    Hello, I've tried doing my research on this, but I seem to be having trouble understanding what is and what isn't possible. Sorry if this question seems like it should be common sense or something, but since I can't figure it out myself, I was hoping someone here might be able to help me. Carrying on.

I recently upgraded from a 5s to a 6 Plus. My carrier is Verizon. I have a really close friend who lives in Australia, he is on the Tellstra network, which from what I understand is GSM. I'd like to let him use my 5s, but I'm not sure whether or not such a thing is possible. If it is possible in anyway, I'd like to figure out how exactly. But if not, I figured it was at least worth a try.

Thanks in advance, this topic is totally new to me, and even if it isn't possible, it'd be nice to learn a bit about all of this.
  2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    Your Verizon 5S is fully unlocked and can work with any gsm sim in the world.
    You don't need to do anything further.