I'm nitpicking a lot, know that when opening this thread

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Torriero, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Torriero macrumors newbie

I just can't help but get aggravated, when opening a stack of applications on my dock it doesn't go smoothly, it jumps around and gets choppy

i tried holding down the shift key to see if that was just the way the stack opened, but it jumps from portion to portion and sometimes even freezes when opening the stack for a split second

its a 4 week old MBP 2.53

anyone else notice this? I'm running no applications when it happens, its not even slightly a big deal, but every time i open the stack it bothers me, the ones in the apple store did it perfectly

2. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

Holy cow! A real life person who actually uses stacks instead of lists!

Anyway, sorry man, that sounds like a real bummer to see on a brand new computer. It's the small things like smooth animation transitions which make a computer fun to use, and it's unacceptable that a brand new computer can't smoothly animate a function that's so core to the OS. Bummer.

The only advice I can give you is that you should try list view. AFAIK, most people find the list view much more useful anyway. Maybe that's why Apple hasn't bothered smoothing out the stacks animation if most people aren't seeing it anyway.

EDIT:

Try opening up Activity Monitor to see if any background processes are eating up all your CPU power. Open Activity Monitor, set the pull down menu in the upper right to show "All Processes," then click the CPU column to sort by CPU usage.

3. JL7 macrumors member

How is trying list view going to solve his stack problem:rolleyes:

I use stack, in grid mode and it works perfectly no matter how many things are in the stack, so your should as well.

Sorry to hear about this, did you try any of the usual maintenance stuff

4. DAAAAAAAVE macrumors regular

DAAAAAAAVE

I use stacks on my feb release MBP and it works fine. Real unlucky man. How many things are in the stack? I had my downloads folder as a stack for a while and that would mess up every now and then. Try pruning what you have in there?

5. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

Because there's no significant animation in the list pop up function. And why did you think it was necessary to use an insulting eye roll in your reply.