Im No Longer Administrator?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by illegalprelude, Nov 16, 2007.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Ok....so ive been having all kinds of problem with iWeb and such but I wont get into that. But long story short, I exported my site out of iWeb into a folder and was going to "Copy, Paste" it into my iDisk folder.

During this time, I didnt want Time Machine to be running for no reason so I go go to system preferences and wanted to turn it off. Well, its locked. No worries. I click on it and I need to put my Administrator user name and password. No worries still.

I put it in. Nothing. Again. Nothing. Just says user name or password is wrong. SO go I to my accounts and change my password, again. Nothing.

Then, I notice under my name, it just states "Standard". Same as my Test Account.... and now I seem to be locked out of my own computer in some terns? The heck is going on.

These have been the worst 2 weeks of being a Mac Owner. I start to fix one problem and another one, for no damn reason rises.

Im running 10.5.1 with all iLife 08 updates and such.

Please. Any help :(

2. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

thanks for the help so far. This is what the site tells me.

now. unless im blind, I cannot find Reset Password in Utilities (if it means going to Application - Utilities)

If it means finding Utilities in the Leopard Disk...thats a no go.

and if it means restart with the Leopard Disk. well guess what, when I wanna reboot by clicking on the Leopard disk, it needs and Administrators username and password to allow it. :(

Edit:
    Doing a cold boot from disk and just doing an Erase and Install....I found the Reset Password within there but the instructions on the site let me to believe it was within the DVD menu and if you have to boot from it, it needed the Adminstrator and not everybody probably knows you can reset your mac, hold down C and boot from the disk (im sure most people here do lol but somebody having problems with their OS and reading apple site, would have probably done what I tried doing)

but yea...yay for installing Leopard for the 3rd time ^_^;;

3. macjack1 macrumors regular

macjack1

Neither. It means that when you boot from your install you should go up to your menu bar and on the Utilities menu, you will find "Reset Password".

-mj