Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChromeCrescendo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2020
I upgraded to Monterey 12.0.1 a few days ago and, since then, whenever I drag and drop an audio file into a message, the file name is changed to "AUDIO_XXXX"

So yesterday I upgraded to Monterey 12.1 and the issue persisted

Last night I went on the Apple discussions site and replied to a user having the same issue and also submitted feedback to Apple

I then came over to MacRumors and posted a thread about the issue

When I checked both Apple discussions and MacRumors today, neither my post on Apple discussions nor my thread here on MacRumors appears

Was it all a dream? Why did my posts about the same issue on two different sites both disappear?

Strange indeed

• Haha
Reactions: adrianlondon

ChromeCrescendo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2020
Does anyone know what this thread is about? The area where the first post should be is blank...

get-him-to-the-greek-jonah-hill.gif

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
Does anyone know what this thread is about? The area where the first post should be is blank...
In a curious coincidence, I ran across a post yesterday with that exact condition.

It was odd, because the position of the buttons below the post told me that something was there. I even drag-selected it, and saw text, but when I deselected it, the text disappeared again. It turned out that the text color was set to white, so I removed that, and boom, it was all visible.

Reactions: Boyd01

ChromeCrescendo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2020
In a curious coincidence, I ran across a post yesterday with that exact condition.

It was odd, because the position of the buttons below the post told me that something was there. I even drag-selected it, and saw text, but when I deselected it, the text disappeared again. It turned out that the text color was set to white, so I removed that, and boom, it was all visible.

Curiouser and curiouser

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.