im not against apple but..

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Paul Wright, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Paul Wright macrumors regular

Paul Wright

well im not against apple, im a fan of apple, i love there products well most of them, all excluding the apple cinema displays, which seems a rip off but apple have problems, they have great designs, great thinking, everything on paper is great but there Quality Control is poor, their customer care over the phone... is poor, there products are great but in reality they seem to lack quality, though the customer care in my local store is good, i want to know your views on apple products, im not trying to turn people against them, but there QC system seems to be bad, im sure you might say, but look at Dell, Asus... whoever but apple set there standards high, and i believe that they are too high for decent quality, and you see people all over the web complaining about apple, and how their product isnt perfect, so many more would switch if QC was better, they may cost more, but the product would be liked by people because of the quality, and the OS, i've known people who have switched back, because of product quality, apple should think and realise that people care more about quality, so please give us your opinions...

Paul

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

And the award for longest run-on sentence ever is...

In all seriousness... I've had only one experience dealing with Apple support on the phone and two experiences in the store. Both have been more than excellent and better than other experiences that I've had with customer support (AT&T comes to mind...)

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Some people demand absolute perfection in the machine, and are sadly disappointed.

I have the new 20" al-iMac 2.4 -- it is a really nice machine -- but there are those that say the display sucks.

---

Those people living in a frat house would be teased to death if they sit there and whine all day about a flaw in their cars paint job that you have to leave a nose print to see.

Sometimes you just want to park next to them -- whack their car a few times with your door -- and proceed to park somewhere else.

4. Paul Wright thread starter macrumors regular

Paul Wright

yeah :cool:

5. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

Of course they could always do more, but you will find that apple has the highest customer satisfaction ratings, especially in the notebook market.

Personally, I have not found a monitor with a more crisp picture than the cinema display. I use a 30 In. ACD at work and the picture quality is suburb.
    You defiantly pay more for them, but I believe that in this case, you get what you pay for. The display quality and design of the cinema displays is very high, despite the lack of a refresh.

I would love another 100$ discount on an ACD, but looks like we will have to wait until at least macworld for any discount or refresh.

6. Paul Wright thread starter macrumors regular

Paul Wright

i like the screen of the new imac, i dont like the one in the macbook. I am a perfectionist, but i would kindof care more about the physical side, than aesthetics

7. Paul Wright thread starter macrumors regular

Paul Wright

i have no doubts that they are good, i like them, but not enough to pay €599 for one, the refresh rate is pretty damn poor, and i want to know what the new models will look like.

8. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

The only thing that I think is substandard from Apple is the video cards they use (too old), besides that I'm pretty happy with my Apple purchases