I'm NOT giving up.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by BlazednSleepy, Jun 11, 2012.

1. BlazednSleepy macrumors 6502a

Even though I'm absolutely devastated that the new iMac's haven't been announced, I'm not giving up. Anyone else feel the same?

2. dmorgan macrumors member

If an updated model isn't released this week, I'm buying a 2011 iMac. Been waiting too long, and have no clue when they will be refreshed.

3. IamMarcoPolo macrumors member

i seriously cant be arsed waiting another month or so for what should have been announced today - if nothing is in the store tommorow morning i have lost my faith in apple

4. JSchwartz15 macrumors regular

I'll wait, but I'm not happy about it.

5. IamMarcoPolo macrumors member

probably same tbh, sick of waiting

6. necromorph macrumors regular

necromorph

Yes I feel the same. I feel sick :(

7. BlazednSleepy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I feel the same as you guys but I can't live with the fact they could update it this summer and I have over a year old tech.

8. Reaktor5 macrumors 6502a

Reaktor5

I'll wait. I'm switching from a failing 2008 MacBook Pro to a iPad 3/iMac combo, so an extra month won't be too much for me.

9. GAUG3 macrumors member

why would there be any update if they don't announce it?

10. Reaktor5 macrumors 6502a

Reaktor5

They could update the specs but not talk about it during the keynote.

11. jlmcclellan macrumors member

The Apple store is still down after the new notebooks have been announced, so clearly they haven't announced something or they're waiting to bring it back up until after the end of the keynote, with some silent updates to the desktop line.

12. Jeremy M. macrumors member

Sigh. It's 4 am in Australia and I waited for nothing. I don't think I can live with Mountain Lion as it wont give full access to my plugins from the get-go (Logic Pro). So if they are REAAALLLY thinking about waiting for some god-damn software, then I think next week is the week I buy year-old software...

13. Reaktor5 macrumors 6502a

Reaktor5

I hope they announce a big update to Logic soon.

14. PaulCostello macrumors member

im glad i didn't wait for new macs! bought mine in march

15. unknownx macrumors regular

No new iMacs, Is it really worth buying an expensive 2011-model now thinking a new 2013-model in just a year?

Thinking about keeping my PC...

16. Reaktor5 macrumors 6502a

Reaktor5

It's foolish to think they aren't updating the iMac this year just because they haven't talked about it in the keynote.

17. unknownx macrumors regular

Have they done it in the past? Updating it weeks/a month or so after Keynote?

Just wondering

18. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

Last year's Mini's were 3 days after WWDC closed. (Or was it 2010? One of the two.)

19. Tezcatlipoca macrumors regular

Tezcatlipoca

Yeah. I'm waiting. I don't want to go and buy a 2011 iMac, only for Apple to release the 2012 models in July or something.

20. lucasfunkt macrumors 6502

Exactly, same here. Some people getting a little melodramatic, I've waited a while I can wait a couple of weeks more but I wish I knew, that would make the waiting much easier.

21. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

22. TouchMint.com macrumors 68000

TouchMint.com

If u don't need osx there's no reason not to grab the dell it's a better computer in all ways for 600 less...

23. radiohed macrumors regular

Even though I am disappointed that the iMac wasn't updated at WWDC, I would imagine that they will update the specs shortly. :confused: They have to at least update the processors and graphics. I was hoping to see a total redesign, however, I was in the Apple store this weekend and the design of the current iMac is so nice, I don't know what they can do to make it better. :cool: I am not in a hurry to upgrade, so I can wait a few more months to see what happens. :D If I was in the market for a laptop, today would have been much more exciting.

24. gopnick macrumors regular

My wife is in desperate need of a machine. Her laptop is 4 years, 2 months old. It has over 10,000 hours of operating time.

Instead of a 27" iMac, I might just pass my 2 year-old MacBook Pro down and get myself the bottom-end $999 MBA or some other sub-$1000 refurb. I wanted to get her the iMac and have it double as a media server (currently we have a Windows 7 machine) but I can just keep the extra $1,000 in my pocket if all I can buy is outdated tech for full-price.

Here's to hoping for a silent upgrade.