I'm NOT giving up.

BlazednSleepy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
Even though I'm absolutely devastated that the new iMac's haven't been announced, I'm not giving up. Anyone else feel the same?

dmorgan

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2009
If an updated model isn't released this week, I'm buying a 2011 iMac. Been waiting too long, and have no clue when they will be refreshed.

Comment

IamMarcoPolo

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2011
Even though I'm absolutely devastated that the new iMac's haven't been announced, I'm not giving up. Anyone else feel the same?
i seriously cant be arsed waiting another month or so for what should have been announced today - if nothing is in the store tommorow morning i have lost my faith in apple

Comment

BlazednSleepy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
I feel the same as you guys but I can't live with the fact they could update it this summer and I have over a year old tech.

Comment

jlmcclellan

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2008
The Apple store is still down after the new notebooks have been announced, so clearly they haven't announced something or they're waiting to bring it back up until after the end of the keynote, with some silent updates to the desktop line.

Comment

Jeremy M.

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
Sigh. It's 4 am in Australia and I waited for nothing. I don't think I can live with Mountain Lion as it wont give full access to my plugins from the get-go (Logic Pro). So if they are REAAALLLY thinking about waiting for some god-damn software, then I think next week is the week I buy year-old software...

Comment

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
Sigh. It's 4 am in Australia and I waited for nothing. I don't think I can live with Mountain Lion as it wont give full access to my plugins from the get-go (Logic Pro). So if they are REAAALLLY thinking about waiting for some god-damn software, then I think next week is the week I buy year-old software...
I hope they announce a big update to Logic soon.

Comment

unknownx

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2011
No new iMacs, Is it really worth buying an expensive 2011-model now thinking a new 2013-model in just a year?

Thinking about keeping my PC...

Comment

unknownx

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2011
It's foolish to think they aren't updating the iMac this year just because they haven't talked about it in the keynote.
Have they done it in the past? Updating it weeks/a month or so after Keynote?

Just wondering

Comment

lucasfunkt

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
Yeah. I'm waiting. I don't want to go and buy a 2011 iMac, only for Apple to release the 2012 models in July or something.
Exactly, same here. Some people getting a little melodramatic, I've waited a while I can wait a couple of weeks more but I wish I knew, that would make the waiting much easier.

Comment

radiohed

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
Portland, ME
Even though I am disappointed that the iMac wasn't updated at WWDC, I would imagine that they will update the specs shortly. :confused: They have to at least update the processors and graphics. I was hoping to see a total redesign, however, I was in the Apple store this weekend and the design of the current iMac is so nice, I don't know what they can do to make it better. :cool: I am not in a hurry to upgrade, so I can wait a few more months to see what happens. :D If I was in the market for a laptop, today would have been much more exciting.

Comment

gopnick

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
My wife is in desperate need of a machine. Her laptop is 4 years, 2 months old. It has over 10,000 hours of operating time.

Instead of a 27" iMac, I might just pass my 2 year-old MacBook Pro down and get myself the bottom-end $999 MBA or some other sub-$1000 refurb. I wanted to get her the iMac and have it double as a media server (currently we have a Windows 7 machine) but I can just keep the extra $1,000 in my pocket if all I can buy is outdated tech for full-price.

Here's to hoping for a silent upgrade.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.