I'm not really sure what went wrong..

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by aDRock1154, Jul 21, 2012.

1. aDRock1154, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012

aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

Hello all,

I was on 5.1.1 and put iOS 6 beta 1 on my phone (4S) the day it was released. I restored from an iOS 5 backup and all was good. A few days after that I noticed the battery was REALLY taking a beating (and no, I wasn't just using my phone more because of a shiny new OS). I reverted back to iOS 5 and eventually went to iOS 6 beta 3. Battery also started out great... Then it drained like my kitchen sink. Each time i've put an iOS 6 beta on my phone the battery has been terrible... Anyone else experiencing any issues like this that restored from an iOS 5 backup to iOS 6? iOS 6 beta 3 seemed pretty stable, so I was happy about that... Unfortunately, battery life > shiny new iOS beta...

2. throys macrumors 6502

i havent seen anyone made this drastic complain regarding ios 6 battery, problem could be due to your backup. TRY it witout your back so a fresh ios 6 beta on your device and compare

3. aDRock1154 thread starter macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

Thanks for your advice. I was afraid that was the solution lol I won't have a TRUE developer device until October/November.. I'm also worried that i'll have bad battery after a clean install and it was for nothing... My battery life on iOS 5 is pretty predictable.. I charge my phone every night and unplug around 6:30 am everyday. I always stream music via bluetooth on my transit to work and usually lose around 1-2% (10-15 min. commute). By the end of the day (5:00 pm) I am usually around 70-85% and lost another 1-2% on my way back home... By about 9-10:00 pm I am anywhere from 30-50% (depending on my usage).

With iOS 6 beta 3, I streamed bluetooth like normal for my transit (6:30 am) and didn't notice a tremendous hit.. Then it was around 10:00 pm where I noticed I was already at 85-90%. By about 1:00 pm I was already at 70%. When I went to leave for the day I was 49%, followed up by my transit home with more bluetooth streaming (GOT DOWN TO 35%). By the time I got ready to restore (6:30-7:00 pm) I was below 20%. I basically only used my phone for imessage and light facebook usage. It MUST be something in the backup.... My question is what is making it do this? Is it just something stupid carried over from iOS 5, that is making my battery a punching bag?

4. AppleStaff macrumors newbie

AppleStaff

You can try restoring! You can also sync with iTunes after your backup your iDevice to see if the problem is fixed!