I'm Not Sure If....

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Ring3r, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Ring3r macrumors newbie

Alright, I just recieved my Macbook in the mail today. Now I'm not sure if its my cd drive or iTunes. I haven't checked another music program yet. I'll pop in a cd and try to import it. It will get the first few songs then slow to a crawl and I'm lucky if it doesn't freeze itunes, and force quit it. But if I can stop the import on the song it slows to, then put it back in and run from the song I stopped on it's fine. I'm guessing it's iTunes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it. I thought it helped then it started again. Any idea.

2. djtrippin macrumors newbie

How many different disks has this occured on?

3. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

Make sure that you run SUS( SOFTWARE UPDATE SYSTEM ) There was a new version of iTunes released (v.7.7.1).

4. Ring3r thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Ring3r thread starter macrumors newbie

6. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

Hmm... I would say that it may be smart to unistall itunes all together and redownload from apples site.

7. Ring3r thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried that once, doing it again, making sure to wipe all files along with it, I'll let you know if it works.

edit: I did this again and it doesn't help.

8. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

Well to make sure that you get everything doing with iTunes use the free version of AppZapper. You get 5 zaps with the free one. It will make sure that iTunes is gone.

9. Ring3r thread starter macrumors newbie

I Went ahead and did that, I just reinstalled and tried again. For some reason its giving me the same issue.

It will get through a few songs and then act like it is going to take forever to import the rest of the cd. Also when this happens the drive will start to sound a little different and have a sort of ping sound ever so often.

edit: DVDs seem to work fine, though I did have an issue installing iWorks the first time but second time through it went fine.