I'm now officially a Mac owner...

ouphe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
...and damn, am I ever impressed. It's on thing to work at a lab full of dual-processor G4's: it's another creature completely to have, sitting on your desk, a dual-processor PM G5. I've NEVER run CS2 so quickly. Anyone who wants a hardcore graphic design machine, pick out the PM G5 of your choice and go at it.
Thanks again to everyone who helped me through the buying process: I'll no doubt be posting again sometime soon for advice on augmenting this thing with RAM and possibly a more powerful video card.
Thanks!

-Colin

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
glad you like your new mac. i recently upgraded to the rev b iMac, 20inch screen, 2.0GHz. it's amazing, can't even imagine how fast the powermacs must be.

Studawg7

macrumors regular
May 15, 2004
Cville, VA
welcome to club mac! ive been drooling over a G5 for oh i dont know how long... but my ibook keeps me happy till that day i finish my masters and actually get a job :rolleyes:

VanMac

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2005
Rampaging Tokyo
Congrats!

I too am looking forward to dually PM at some point. New iBook is just a blast though. Goes along OK for most things with 1.5GB RAM :)

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Welcome to the club Colin, congratulations. I would high recommend at least 1GB of RAM, you will see a noticeable improvement in performance. Purchase what you can afford. Also AppleCare is important.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Bring back the Switch Forums. I think with the upcoming intel Macs, we'll see a new and larger, more deadly influx of PC users into the Mac community. Especially as they infiltrate and dilute the pure Mac users on this board. We need a new forum to contain this PC spread. BTW, I'm not implying the OP is a PC user at all.

ouphe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for the welcome, everybody! This board has never steered me wrong, so I'm definitely sticking around.
Bern: thanks for the advice, but I already have a 20" Dell Ultrasharp Widescreen LCD that I'm using for my PM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.