I'm Overwhelmed - Slim Case/Sleeve Needed

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by atchudy, Aug 1, 2008.

1. atchudy macrumors newbie

I was looking at the incase, and it seems similar to alot out there. what are the different options. I want something that's thin, doesn't have any clips or screen protectors, and the ability to use in an old ipod dock of possible.

2. technosexual macrumors newbie

I'm using the Sena leather slip. I can care less for the over exaggerated texture of the leather, but it does what I want perfectly. (And I wanted exactly what you wanted for in a case.)

If you wanted to use it in a dock, you simply put the slip upside down and don't slide it all the way down.

If you want me to post pictures (sans dock) of the case, PM me and I'll post them to this thread sometime tomorrow.

I like the way the one looks on more-thing.com, but don't like how it covers the iphone completely up top. The Sena one doesn't provide FULL protection up top either, as it IS a slip, but the more-thing one seems to leave more exposed and it doesn't seem to fall flush at the base of the phone.

3. lmps56 macrumors member

I also dont like that that company is in Hong Kong...makes it look sort of suspicious. I really like the case though...Since Im not a fan of screen protectors I'll probably go with one of those pouches too.
    Check out this one: http://www.beyzacases.com/cat-apple...es---ultra-slim-type-vertical-pouch-cases.cfm

4. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

Hey man... i feel your pain. There are so many different cases, and all of them claim to be the best, and each cost anywhere from $10 to $30.

I hope you take my advice here, as i've honestly tried a bunch of cases. I've tried a handful myself, returning, exchanging, etc. at the apple store. Then my girlfriend has tried a bunch as well, and so have my friends.

I can tell you this much, go with an Incase brand, silicon case. They fit the tightest around the phone, give you a good grip on the phone in regards to holding it in your hand, and the sides won't be loose like your belkin and other silicon cases. Also, you can still use this one on a dock, as the bottom has a perfectly shaped slot for the dock. You can keep this in your pocket with no issues.

It looks exactly like this, and it fits SNUG! The case is a silicon rubber and will absorb impact if you drop the phone but is hard enough to be very tough.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They come in various colors.

I'd also go with an anti-glare screen protector. It makes the phone so much nicer to use. The screen protector will fit right perfectly to the screen, the case edges slightly over-lap the screen protector so there is no risk of it coming off or getting dust under it.

The anti-glare screen protector will make it so you NEVER get smudges, fingerprints, or anything on the screen. They are waaay easier to clean than the crystal screen protectors, and have absolutely no glare. The picture on the iphone is so much better with this on it than other screen protectors. It essentially takes away the shiny screen, and looks more like you are looking at an LCD screen without the glass front. Awesome. I tried having the phone without a screen protector, then tried using the crystal (shiny) screen protector, and hated it both ways because of the marks that were constantly on the screen. The anti-glare one removes this issue completely. No more marks, period... and dust wipes off easily.

Do yourself a favor, and buy both of the things I just listed at the apple store. Out of all the cases I bought, this one is by far the best. Oh, and the cases are different for iphone, and iphone 3g.... because the phone is shapped different. So, make sure you get the right one for your phone.

In case you were wondering, my girlfriend has an Agent 18 silicon case for her iphone 3g. She likes it, and it's a great case as well.

[​IMG]

5. atchudy thread starter macrumors newbie

I am going to see if my local store has any in stock, and probably get the black one. Thanks.

Is the anti-glare cover the "Power support" one? I was under the impression the glass screen was pretty scratch proof.

6. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

The anti-glare screen protector is the brand called "power support", yes. :)

The screen itself may be somewhat scratch proof, but imagine how much less work you'll have to do to keep the smudges and finger prints, and dust and stuff off of your screen. Then you also have an anti-glare one so, no more glare from light. Either way, it can't hurt to have another added protective layer that works as good as this.

If they don't have the case for you, I would wait til they do.

7. Dakotafan macrumors 6502

I agree with you on both recommendations...maybe because I have them both..anyways I've always loved the anti glare and just recently went looking for a cover since I'm traveling a bit and didn't want to damaged my new 3G...I went to the apple store and looked for like 30 mins and decided on the incase and I love it...I wasn't a fan of these leather ones out there and wanted something that looked good and was durable...and this fits the bill for me...this looks real good in the sea of hideous see through and leather cases out there.

8. bobbba macrumors regular