Im pleased that the unibody macbooks are gone

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Geoff., Jun 8, 2009.

1. Geoff. macrumors 6502

Geoff.

Well i kind of am because i bought the new updated white macbook and the unibody was the one that came up when you clicked macbook on the apple website and the whitebook was considered 'old' and going to be replaced soon ( i can still see that happining ) but now its the only macbook and when you click mac on the apple website you can see it. Makes me feel better :D

What im not happy about is that i could of not bought the whitebook and waited and got myself a new 13 inch macbook pro for not that much more. How was i to know that was to happen and its still 300 euro more.

Overall its all good :apple::)

2. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

Haha me too! I was starting to feel a bit jealous for my Whitebook whenever I went to that page :p

3. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

Are these whitebooks the same as the older early 2008 whitebooks, with just a CPU upgrade? Or do they include all the benefits of the newer macbooks(better battery life, and LED screens)?

Does this one crack in the palm rest as well?

4. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Yea just the CPU upgrade... No way would they give it all the new stuff!

5. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Great, really good addition to the thread...

There's something I've always liked about the polycarb MacBooks, I guess it's the fact that I always loved the white 5G iPod, and I still prefer a 17inch plastic iMac to a 20" Alu one...

Keep the polycarbs for a while I say, they're still sexy and they're almost becoming retro tbh :p

6. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Your right its all basically personal preference!

7. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

It's lame for there to be a regular 13.3" model for 8 months, then a pro one in the same casing 8 months later with a discontinued unibody regular model. :( I was this close to ordering 100 pieces of display glass for the 13.3" unibody.

"So, yeah, I can repair the cracked LCD. No, I didn't downgrade your laptop, the glass just doesn't say Pro on it, since I have 100 pieces sitting here without the word pro written on them, that I restocked on right as Apple got rid of that model"

I need a special material for "Pro" to be written in, so that it only appears after I spray a special liquid on the glass. :D

:(

8. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

There are still gonna be people with the Collectors Edition that need the screen repaired.
    100 I could see you using easily. Its not like you were getting 10,000 ya know...

9. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

Then again, I could have gotten rid of it as a premium as collector's edition glass!

Now the think tank's cooking.

10. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

To people with the new 13" "pro"
    HAHA!!!

We can start rumors about the CE glass being much clearer! :)