I'm positive that iOS 7 was made for a larger iPhone (I made a mockup)

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by bertishere, Jun 16, 2013.

1. bertishere macrumors member

4" vs 5" screen

Everything's more spaced out and looks way better. I expect a 5" iPhone soon.

And I don't want this to turn into a debate about 5" screen phones. Some of you prefer it and some of you don't.

[​IMG]

2. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

I almost positive that mockup shows me nothing.

3. JoEw, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013

JoEw macrumors 65832

JoEw

Honestly, it looks like it is spaced out to awkwardly.

Do a mockup with a reply to the message. Maybe that would prove your point better.

The flat design however does make a bigger perhaps wider iPhone probably more likely to not look weird.

Turn the keyboard sideway's and you will notice Apple extended out the landscape keyboard to fill the iPhone 5's 4 inch screen it is incredibly nice to type on now in my opinion. I feel Apple would increase the width of the keyboard if they did release bigger screen iPhone.

4. bertishere thread starter macrumors member

how..

more space.. i kept the keyboard the same size so it doesn't mess up your typing.

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

Looks the same to me. Not sure this proves it was made for a larger display. :confused:

6. unobtainium macrumors 68000

It does seem to be spaced out a lot more nicely on a larger screen. You may be onto something.

7. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I don't see what is happening here or why it looks like it's "better" on the 5" mockup.

8. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

The control centre; if anything, is the one which gives the biggest clue to a larger iPhone screen.

9. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

The only think about iOS 7 that suggests to me that there will be an iPhone with a larger screen is the new gesture in the OS. Being able to swipe from the side to go back/forward would minimise some of the issues that would come about in terms of using a larger iPhone one-handed and thus not being able to reach every corner of the device. This would mean that rather than having to stretch to reach a back-button, you could just swipe from the side of the screen, meaning a larger screen size would not pose a problem in that respect.

10. KenAFSPC macrumors 6502a

That's an excellent point. I agree.

I fully expect Apple to demo that functionality when they unveil the 4.7-4.8" iPhone 6.

11. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Or, you know, allows for easy scaling across the iPad/iphone lines while keeping a consistent look. :rolleyes:

12. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Larger iPhone was the first thing I thought when Apple started talking about swipes to go back. My thumb can barely hit the back button on the 4" screen, on a larger screen it'll be super handy to swipe to go back.

13. bertishere thread starter macrumors member

the status bar isn't crammed up.

the messages aren't crammed up.

text input box is bigger.

14. seble macrumors 6502a

you should make the space bar bigger with the extra real estate

15. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I agree as well. It's tough enough to hit the back button with your thumb when you're using it 1 handed on a iphone 5. The edge glide would be great on a larger screen as well.

16. chraos macrumors member

this was one of my first thoughts when I saw the navigation bars in many of the apps in iOS 7. we really need an iPhone that is wider. 5" seems to big IMHO. it would be easy to create an iPhone that is between 4" - 5" with a resolution of 1024x768 which is the iPad 2 and iPad mini's resolution without making it much harder on devs..however, that resolution would bring the iPhone back to a 4:3 aspect ratio instead of the 16:9 of the i5 so I don't think Apple would be willing to abandon all the "made longer but kept the same width because it's built for your hand" BS. iOS 7 would clearly look and function better on a larger screen so maybe the OP is on to something.

17. TC25 macrumors 68020

Yep, design an operating system around a device that doesn't exist and, according to you, is suboptimized for millions of existing devices.:rolleyes:

18. Fed macrumors 6502

If Apple want to keep investors happy, they need a larger screen and a budget iPhone this year.

Still very hopeful...

19. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

This. Yeah, the design might be made to look good on a bigger screen - like the iPad!

20. bertishere thread starter macrumors member

doesn't exist because apple hasn't announced it?

i'm positive there are bigger iPhone's floating around on Apple's campus.

21. Cscottrun macrumors 6502

I don't understand the logic behind this. A larger screen would make any os less cramped up, no?

22. bertishere thread starter macrumors member

yes, but with the way iOS7 is designed, it's more crammed up than iOS 6. i expect it to be refined.

23. TC25 macrumors 68020

You ignored my second point. Not surprising since it doesn't fit your bizarre theory.

24. fivedots macrumors 6502a

My television appears somewhat large for my living room therefore I am positive a new house is on the horizon.

25. CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

Isn't it the same keyboard as previous iOS versions except they changed the typography of the letters + the theme? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    I can also assume the original iOS 1 is also made for an 5 inch phone by stretching and spacing out the keyboards equally?