I'm pretty scared.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by especlipse290, Nov 20, 2007.

1. especlipse290 macrumors newbie

I'm using windows vista, just picked up my ipod got the 3 year warranty or whatever. But I really want to jailbreak my ipod touch. But what i'm scared of is that if I down grade my ipod that something will go wrong, and then i'm stuck in recovery mode and that will void my warranty. can someone please walk my threw what i should do.

thanks

2. JWest macrumors 6502

Currently there really isn't any way to brick an iPod touch, because even if you mess something up, you can always restore it to the latest official firmware and you'll be fine. I wouldn't worry- just follow the directions.

3. verbalist macrumors member

any one know how to fix this

i briked mine i ockto preped it updated it then it just kepp loadin and loadin

4. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Bricked?
    Or you just havent restored?

Short of hardware mods, its extremely unlikely you will brick your touch.

5. iLoveiPod macrumors regular

Not quite a verbalist but ok.

6. ks-man macrumors 6502a

Does it really make sense to buy a 3 year warranty if you are planning on doing something that could possibly void the warranty? There is another thread that says that Stocks and Weather apps send info to Apple. Obviously these shouldn't be run on the Ipod Touch. I'm not saying Apple will ever look to that, but I think that people who jailbreak accept the potential risk that goes with it. I would save the money on the warranty if you intend to jailbreak.

7. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

I'm lucky to keep one media player for a year, little alone 3 years...haha

8. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I'm probably the same lol if a new touch came out that was better than current I'd probably buy it lol

9. verbalist macrumors member

Haha I wasn't really paying attention but I am a verbalist hear for your self

Www.Soundclick.com/verbalistri

10. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

If your worried, than I would just wait until Febuary 2008 when Apple will officially support 3rd party apps, it's not that long away, and theres plenty of web apps that could keep you occupied until then.

11. bdsmyth macrumors regular

Yes Vista is scarey

You've nothing to be scared about with jail braking your ipod, rather I'd be way more scared that your using vista which is a Mac OS clone wannabe done badly and riddled with bugs. It's the whole reason I switched to a Mac, and once you've tried Mac you ain't ever turning back.

Jailbreak away, but sell the laptop and buy a MacBook.

Cheers!

12. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

Yeah... no.

I was scared too, but jailbreaking is pretty painless. And as others have said, if anything goes awry, you can always do a software restore.

Horror stories regarding iPhones are a different animal, because the iPhone works differently and has more dependencies (activation, SIM cards, etc.). Good luck!