I'm pulling my hair out over iMessage.

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Weavel33, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Weavel33 macrumors newbie

So basically I was sending iMessages (without any problems) to a friend of mine since we both had iPhones. My friend stops using the iphone but keeps the same phone number. My iphone refuses to accept that the number is no longer on an iphone and continues to only send imessages to it (unless I turn off iMessage entirely). I enjoy using imessage with other people, so I don't want to have to deactivate it. How can I get my phone to switch back to normal sms for certain numbers?

2. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

If you into your friends contact in your address book, and edit it, you'll see it says "iPhone" next to his number. Click this, and change it to home, work, mobile etc and it should work.

Hope this helps!

3. BadboyHouse macrumors 6502

or couldn't you just delete his contact details and re-enter them?

4. TheOriginalKi macrumors 6502

I don't think this will help because even the people I send iMessages too are just listed as 'mobile' and not 'iPhone'.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I believe he needs to actually go into iMessage on his idevice and remove his phone number from there. That way he is only receiving the messages at his email, if at all. I am not sure if this can be done without logging onto an idevice unfortunately.

6. TLewis macrumors 65816