I'm PUMPED - Just pulled off my FIRST HD swap

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mac-key, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Mac-key macrumors 6502a

I got my first MBP a year ago today. Believe me when I say I was clueless when it came to computers and tech stuff.

BUT thanks to THIS website I'm a freaking MAC GENIUS! Not only did I upgrade my wife's RAM in her black macbook, but today I upgraded my HD from the stock 250gb 5400rpm to a 500gb 7200rpm seagate.

I know this post has no informational value whatsoever, and I'm not asking any questions. I just wanted to voice my excitement - and say thank you. Because of this site, I've learned TONS!

It was so simple - cloned it using CCC, then swapped it - VERY EASY. Luckily I didn't encounter any problematic screws and the drive is wonderful - no noise, and no extra vibration. I'm curious to see if I'll take a hit on my battery life.

SO PUMPED!!!

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

3. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

Where I'm from we have this saying that if you don't learn something new every day, your whasting your time :)

4. Covart Guest

One word: Irony

5. thecarrot macrumors member

Let me be the first and last to state:

COOL STORY BRO!

6. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

Hahaha :D

@OP
    congrats...i know it feels great to do stuff like this...I used to do this to my pc 3-4 years back (when I entered 7th-8th grade) and I used to feel so proud :eek:

7. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

yeah were quite strong on that one "where I'm from" :D

It was a typo though! wrote that from my iPhone, incredibly slow iPhone, on my way to school ^^

8. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas