Im really upset

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Tonytownsend, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Tonytownsend macrumors member

I really think the mac pro is done. The updated macbook pro was released today. I think Apple will sell the last of the 8 cores and will announce no more Mac Pro. I really need a computer. If this the direction apple is going its too bad. Next thing you know no more Pro Apps, Just toys like the Ipad. This sucks dont know what to do? :(:(:(:(

2. ZennZero macrumors member

Relax, perhaps?

Everything you just said is speculation. I would not have expected a MBP and MP update the same day. And I still don't think you will see a MP update until Intel's hexacore CPUs are available in quantity.

3. mwayne85 macrumors regular

Turn that frown upside-down Charlie Brown! Apple will NEVER get rid of their Pro machines. Video editors, 3d animators, etc. need the power, and Apple knows this. They're just too busy playing with their iToys and whoring out their iPad right now. An update will come. It just might not meet everyone's expectations (such as the new macbook pro lineup). I just hope they pull the trigger soon. I badly need a machine as well.

4. Big Boss Man macrumors regular

The Mac Pro is also huge in pro audio so I don't expect it to disappear anytime soon.

5. gotzero macrumors 68040

This is a really great thread... :confused:

The Mac Pro right now is a beast, if you need one, buy one. They have traditionally had a pretty conservative update schedule, nothing is out of the ordinary...

6. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Let's see...chances of MacPro AND MacBook Pro update on same day is nil. So, chill out Henny Penny.

7. kazmac macrumors 603

kazmac

I'm surprised that no one mentioned

Patently Apple's discovery of a possible "personal computer" sized Mac Pro when the USB 3.0 hub patent info was mentioned a couple of weeks ago.

I don't need the power of a Pro, but I am really glad they are still around. I highly doubt that Apple would abandon this market.

8. phaedarus macrumors regular

Mac Pros are the last thing a dedicated 3D animator would consider.

9. rajbonham macrumors 6502

Yeah, today was a bit of a bummer, but not quite the end of the world. Considering we are in the midst of NAB though, I just think it's a seriously dumb move for Apple to not update its high end Mac Pro. Many video and audio professionals are waiting for the new models.

One may argue that they might release the updated Mac Pro in May, when Adobe CS5 comes out. That just seems foolish though, because Apple won't get very much attention in May from the professionals. Many of us will already have our cash tied up in things announced/released at NAB!

Plus, even though Adobe CS5 is going to be released in May, it was announced yesterday and they are already making $$$ on pre-orders.

10. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

11. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

i was wondering about this "new" mac computer. ANy thoughts on when they might actually make one. Maybe I should do a forum search.....

12. nanofrog macrumors G4

Those are niche markets though compared to the total market for workstations. Niches can be profitable, but at some point, it disappears when the economics become untennable.

Now consider that businesses and universities are under tighter budget constraints (i.e. tech budgets have been cut, or even frozen), and they have to look even harder at the bottom line. They just can't justify the cost of the MP's any longer.

Then there's some that will argue that the Windows and Linux variants of professional applications have met or exceeded what the OS X versions are capable of, it makes the decision more muddled (choices increase, and they will go for the lowest viable solution). That may mean switching to another OS, or sticking with OS X (software investments will likely be the deciding factor).