Im selling my Ipad 2 for Ipod touch 6

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by raccoonboy, Aug 22, 2014.

1. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

Am i making the right decision? Sorry i dont know if this should be for Ipad or Ipod touch forum but since im here more often so.

I only use my ipad to read news in the toilet every morning. I dont play games on it anymore, device is too heavy. Safari is very to super slow at time, it just happen lately i dont know why.

Maybe ios 8 could fix this or ruin it even more. I figure if Ipod touch 6 is release alongside Iphone 6 at 4.7 or 5.5 inch. I could have a better use for it. I can read news and web browsing. Bring it with me to work so i can save my Iphone battery. What do you guys think? Leaning toward Ipod Touch 6 or no update this year. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. theapplefanboyj macrumors 6502a

That would be cool, I used to do that with my iPod touch too! Which iPhone do you have at the moment?

3. raccoonboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

4S, white. Couldn't last half a day if i play games on it.

4. Mechayoshi macrumors regular

Mechayoshi

Ever thought about an iPad mini? It would be lighter than your current ipad while being more comfortable for reading. Minis are dirt cheap now too.

5. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I recommend the Touch 5 but I wouldn't do the switch till mid October when we see what new devices are coming out (September 9th is for iPhone announcements).

6. raccoonboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thought of it but the cheap one is the first mini with same chip and somewhat equally bad screen.

Retina mini is over my budget and i could only get 16GB at the price i can get 32gb touch hopefully price dont change much if they actually release a 6.

7. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    I have an iPad 2 and iPod Touch 5G. There's a major difference between the two when it comes to screen real estate. I rarely use the Touch for web browsing/news sites because the material doesn't present the same way as it does on a larger screen.

No way would I ever make a switch to a smaller screen, but YMMV.

Try clearing your cache and cookies if Safari is slowing down. I do that regularly and have no issues with the browser.

8. raccoonboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did clear all cache on Safari. I even downloaded chrome hoping it would be better. But sadly i doesn't help. Maybe i have to do a restore for the first time on my Ipad.

9. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

I think you are wise to sell an iPad 2 this year, given that iOS 8 will surely run sluggishly on it and given that it is extremely likely that it won't get the next major release of iOS after 8.

However, there doesn't seem to be any indication of a forthcoming iPod touch revision; so I wouldn't bank on there being one. I would, however, consider using that money towards either the next generation iPad Air or a refurbished version of the current generation of iPad Air, the latter of which is way lighter than your iPad 2 and the former of which is likely to be just as, if not even lighter than that.

If that's not enough, the iPad mini is even nicer in this regard.

10. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Buy an external battery like nokia dc 19. I have one, it has 3200 mah.

11. raccoonboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Refurbished is out of the question because where i live, there is no refurbished store.. not even online apple direct.

Speakin of Touch 6, i know there is not any leaked but same as when they release the 5. There were no leaks as well, maybe because people just focused on Iphone only. We will see, excited about Sep 9. If they lower price for unlock 5s, i might get it. At least, it should be way faster.

12. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

You are remembering incorrectly :). There was lots of talk about the Touch 5 months before it came out (do a google search) though there were no video leaks (back then, there weren't a lot of video leaks).

Feel free to tell me I was wrong if they announce the Touch 6 this fall but I'm very sure the Touch 6 will not come out this year.

13. thetechfixer macrumors 6502

thetechfixer

I think its a good idea, especially if you do not need all that screen realestate.

14. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

Apple does not have an Apple Certified Refurbished section on your online store? Where are you?

There were part leaks for both the seventh generation iPod nano and the fifth generation iPod touch at around this time in 2012. There aren't this year, nor were there any last year. If they did a pricing structure change for iPhones without contract (which they'd likely never do) then they could very easily get rid of the iPod touch.

15. raccoonboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I live in Thailand, we have online apple store here but i dont see the refurbished section. At least they give excellent service if device has factory defects contrary to operators in Thailand when it usually take forever to claim your iphone.

I guess we wont be seeing Ipod Touch 6 then. To be honest, i might just upgrade my iphone, maybe to a 5S. At least, cpu is faster and battery should last a bit longer too.

16. 6r4ff3r macrumors member

Apple can surprise the public, but i dont believe in a new iPod touch.

But i'd like it cause i use only wifi to internet, like many people with smartphones, and it was the main reason to buy a touch 4gen 2 years ago.

Only 7 days to go...

17. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

I'd wait for the next iPad mini. It's still small, and you can do quite a bit more on it due to the larger screen. Plus, you can get a cellular model and it can function as a back-up smartphone.