Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guitarded

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2005
Richmond, VA
Hi everybody. I'm new to the macrumors forums and I must say that from browsing around it seems like a great forum/community and I hope to become a frequent poster.

Anyway... the reason that I'm so excited is that i just sold my gamecube on ebay for $88 and now I have enough money for my first iPod!!! Anyway, just wanted to tell someone about it. YAHOO!!!

guitarded

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2005
Richmond, VA
nope... no mac...

Next thing I'll do is start saving 1,000 bucks so I can get one. But seriously, I want a mac but they're just so expensive... I wish I could get one but I guess I'll just have to use a lame rippoff (Windows Vista)
Oh Well...
*sigh*

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
guitarded said:
nope... no mac...

Next thing I'll do is start saving 1,000 bucks so I can get one. But seriously, I want a mac but they're just so expensive... I wish I could get one but I guess I'll just have to use a lame rippoff (Windows Vista)
Oh Well...
*sigh*

Windows vista's only gonna run on high end machines (aka, closer to $1k)

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2005
Yeah save for a new system and run Windows Vista or simple enough, get a mac, they're pretty cheap now...not to say cheap but the prices are kinda low now...

guitarded

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2005
Richmond, VA
*sigh*

I guess I'm just doomed to be a winblows loser for life...

Anyway, Should I get my iPod ingraved or not? The reason I'm asking is because if I get it ingraved then if I ever try to sell it, I wouldn't be able to get much. But... if I don't get it ingraved then it will likely get lost at school because there are tons of people at my school who have non-ingraved iPods and it could get lost in the coarse of a day.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Well if the hype of the media is anything to go by, this iPod should make you want that Mac much much more. :)

As for engraving the iPod, I never bothered since it's not really one of those things you should ever let out of your sight anyway. Plus, they scratch pretty easily, which is I suppose an inbuilt way of personalising them so we know who's is who's. :D

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
What type of iPod? CMon, you're excited so tell us more!

Work hard, put up with your winblows machine (if it's running well then don't worry about it too much) and before you know it you'll have enough to go buy a shiny new Mac - it took a while for me to get enough cash for my iBook but it was all worth it in the end, it's odd to think of a Mac as an accessory for an iPod but it's becoming increasingly common these days for people to love the iPod experience so much they go and buy a Mac.

There's nothing wrong with having a Windows PC if there is no way you can afford a Mac (I may get destroyed for saying that but mate, priorities are king) just enjoy that you have one foot in the door with your new iPod and use the time you spend saving to figure out if the switch is really for you (cause in a number of cases it really isn't) then disregard that thought and go buy a Mac.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
guitarded said:
*sigh*

Anyway, Should I get my iPod ingraved or not? The reason I'm asking is because if I get it ingraved then if I ever try to sell it, I wouldn't be able to get much. But... if I don't get it ingraved then it will likely get lost at school because there are tons of people at my school who have non-ingraved iPods and it could get lost in the coarse of a day.

During the course of the day it should be on your person at all times, safe inside a little protective case - like a safe or fallout shelter.

I would not get it engraved as you will have a hard time selling it when you want to upgrade to a the next big thing in iPods.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2005
guitarded said:
*sigh*

Lol..i think you should engrave it if " it could get lost in the coarse of a day. "

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
DarkNetworks said:
Lol..i think you should engrave it if " it could get lost in the coarse of a day. "

Especially if the course of the day is particularly coarse - it'll get scratched up easily.....

guitarded

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'm gonna get the new iPod with a color screen. I'm excited!!! I guess I won't get it ingraved. thanks for the input!!! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.