I'm so frustrated

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Storrow, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Storrow macrumors regular

I have a 15 inch Macbook Pro 2.16 c2d. Last night I noticed that my magsafe was blinking orange and green every 2 seconds or so. About 6 months or so ago it did the same thing and progressively got worse to the point where it shut off at about 50% battery. The same thing just happened to me again, I noticed it last night and checked my warranty status which ended LAST NIGHT. Now I just turned on my computer and it shut right off and the battery is 50% charged. I made an appointment with an Apple genius I cannot afford a new battery right now. I don't have applecare and I should have bought it before but it is what it is. Do you think I can get them to replace the battery under warranty by telling them I noticed it last night?? This is very frustrating because it's safe to assume the new battery if they give me one will only last 6 months like the previous two. So that's $100 every 6 months to keep this computer working. Im sorry about the rant im so frustrated. (Oh and I just got the computer back about a week ago to replace the dvd rom drive because it wouldnt burn dual layer dvd's). the drive still doesnt work but I guess with this computer I just can't win. I;m so frustrated I don't knjow what to tell them. I honestly want a refurbished computer or something or a new one since SOMETHING with this computer is causing the batteries to fail, but I guess since my warranty ended less than 24 hours ago they can tell me whatever they want

2. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

Personally i like to believe in the good nature of people. stupid YES however as long as you do not go in there telling them whats what, you might get some positive action. whats the worst that could happen they will tell you know.

Cheers

3. BrokenE macrumors regular

I agree...but if the Mac Genius is not inclined to do anything for you, ask to speak to the manager and plead your case with him/her. Speaking from experience on an i-pod I had problems with.