Im so impatient

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dave Felix, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

I cant wait for iOS 5 and I want to jailbreak. Whats the safest way to do it without getting in trouble/ruining my iPhone. I have AT&T and the iPhone 4. running the lastest OS. I will be able to restore it back easily using iTunes right? I cant seem to find the rules on the forum about jailbreaking. Sorry for having multiple threads and thanks in advance.

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Redsn0w to jailbreak. Restore to remove the jailbreak.

3. Dave Felix thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Where can I find that? And is it free?

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

iphone dev team blog, brah

5. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

6. Dave Felix thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Whose voting your posts as negative? I searched for the "liPhone3,14.3.38J2_Restore.ipsw" file on my library and I couldnt find it using this guide.

http://www.tipb.com/2011/05/06/jailbreak-ios-433-redsn0w-096rc15-untethered/

Im a noob when it comes to jailbreaking it'll be my first time and theres a first for everything. Once I can located that file, it seems pretty simple thru redsn0w.

7. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

You do know that you need to be a register dev in order to test iOS 5. You will need to pay Apple for that too.

8. iFiend macrumors 65816

Negative

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

I'm guessing thread starter doesn't have Shsh blobs saved since he doesn't know what redsn0w is. so TS if you go to 5.0 beta you can't go back. to 4.3.3

10. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

If you want to be on the latest firmware that's been released to the public, then update to 4.3.3 and then jailbreak with Redsn0w.

http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ You can get the firmware file here. If it tries to save it as a .zip file, save it with an extension of ".ipsw", minus the quotations, obviously.

You can get redsn0w from the dev team's blog, another poster posted the link.

However, if you want to be on the latest firmware released for developers, then you can either register as a dev and update or you can do it through one of the shadier methods that are talked about on the forum. (I haven't tried iOS 5 yet in any way so that's why I'm not elaborating. :D)

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

^ I'm with you probably won't touch 5.0 for a good month after it's released or the jailbreak has been released. I always laugh when people have to have the stuff now then complain about bug forgetting it's beta for a reason.

12. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

EXACTLY. I am in no way a developer nor do I have any desire to guinea pig my device to find bugs. I'll wait until we see the official release and a stable untethered jailbreak.

My favorite is when people install the beta on their main device and then complain about this and that going wrong. It's a beta for a reason. :rolleyes: Not only that, but Apple mentioned not to install on a primary! Anyway. :p

13. fxtrt, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011

fxtrt macrumors member

Will restore through itunes completely remove ALL traces of the jailbreak and jailbreak apps?
    For example, I installed the ibooks fix. Not certain, but I'm assuming the package must've modified a file. Will the itunes restore restore that file back?
    Also will ALL of files and folders created by the jailbreak apps be removed as well?

14. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

Restore as a new device will earse all traces of jailbreak, if you choose to restore from a backup it will not earse all traces