I'm so tired of waiting..

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
It's not the shipping you need to be concerned about. It's the specified Delivery date.

For initial Delivery date (09/21), mine shipped from China in 3 days and then sat in a UPS hub for 5 days leading up to the specified Delivery date.

Comment

PAC88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Joined 2009... This must not be your first phone, although u make it sounds like. ;)

Wait, u got a Phone Party scheduled!
This actually is my first iPhone. I'm a long time mac user though

Comment

sawah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2010
I hate waiting as much as you :( I ordered the 3rd and I know I'm not going to see any movement for weeks and I still think I check it once a day :(

Comment

blajoie

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
I just walked into an ATT store and walked out with a iphone 5 16gb white (for the GF). So they are definitely out there folks (if you can cancel your pre-order...)

Comment

apierrec

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2012
Call or check your local WalMarts now!*

*If you can cancel the pending orders or can't find stocks anywhere

Comment

Garrett67

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2010
Call or check your local WalMarts now!*

*If you can cancel the pending orders or can't find stocks anywhere
I got my 5 on release day but I did notice some in stock at 2 different Walmarts near me within the past 5 days.

So, they are out there.

I'm near Battle Creek , MI. But I'm sure they are gone now. Just saying that they're not flying off the shelves in smaller towns.

Comment

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
I still call around every few days trying to get lucky at Radio Shack. I refuse to go to my local Verizon store. They had one, tried for three days to buy it and no luck. They are incompetent and I can work with that. Then they lied to me. Now they have an open phone that's been activated they can't sell again. Idiots.(actually they probably will just tell someone else it's new and sell as such, they lie) I can't work with that. Called Verizon and they couldn't have cared less. If it wasn't for unlimited I would have dropped them like a bad habit.

My delivery isn't scheduled until the end of the month.

Comment

PAC88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
you know what I did that was really dumb..

on release day around 3pm, there were a few 64gb models available at a carrier store near me. I passed because at the time I didn't want the 64gb.. changed my mind about 2 hours later, called the store and they were gone..

I got tired of calling around.. So now here I am, ordered a 64gb model (est. oct 25-30) that could be in my hands if I wasn't so indecisive.. oh well.

Comment

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area, California
thats exactly how i read his post in my head. glad you put this

----------

"nice accent, new jersey?" "austria" "good day mate"

one of my favorite movies of all time
"Let's throw some SHRIMP on the Barbie!"

Great movie - appeals to the child in all of us (men). Naturally my wife can't stand it.

The ending is the best: "Those are going to be two lucky guys!".

Comment

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
you know what I did that was really dumb..

on release day around 3pm, there were a few 64gb models available at a carrier store near me. I passed because at the time I didn't want the 64gb.. changed my mind about 2 hours later, called the store and they were gone..

I got tired of calling around.. So now here I am, ordered a 64gb model (est. oct 25-30) that could be in my hands if I wasn't so indecisive.. oh well.
It is a problem.
Some people fight hard and spend a lot of time to make even the smallest decisions and change their minds very often.

Comment

gagugagu

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
im wondering.. when it ships, how many does does it usually take to arrive?

and i ordered mine sept 17 available in 2-3 weeks. delivers oct 11-17.
does that mean that the phone should be available oct 1-8 (adding 2-3 weeks to sept 17) then from there, oct 1-8 until oct 11-17 for shipping?

Comment