I'm sorry , another Bootcamp Windows & question

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Hibernia, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Hibernia macrumors member

Hi all
    Situation :- Got my first Imac , 2011 21" entry level one. Am intending putting Windows 7 on Bootcamp and from the printed instructions i have i think i'll manage this ok.

I was going to buy the cheapest OEM version of Windows 7 Home but have decided i also have a laptop running Vista which could maybe benefit from the Windows 7 upgrade as well so figure the disc i'm after is the Family one which allows Windows to go onto 3 computers in the home?

When i'm looking online all i can find for the Family pack are upgrades from Vista to Windows 7 not a full install which i take it i need for Bootcamp? or will this work just as well?

If the Windows 7 upgade from Vista to Windows 7 will work in Bootcamp then i'm all set but if i need the full installation setup disc package then i'm struggling to find what i need online.

Any advice as usual much appreciated.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

You CAN install clean from upgrade media. Look for the guide on Winsupersite I have linked to many times.

It's up to you to know your licenses are valid.

B

3. Hibernia thread starter macrumors member

TY for that , i'll check out that guide. If i buy the Family pack from Amazon i'll know the license will be good , i wasn't planing on getting it from someone down the pub :)