I'm Sorry Leopard, Apple and Steve Job's Mother

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rdowns, Nov 17, 2007.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Since I installed Leopard, I have been having Internet issues, spotty connections, really slow download speeds and just all around weird behavior.

Wasn't able to update my iPhone or my Mac to 10.5.1 because a sustained connection could not be made.

I made all kinds of nasty remarks about Apple, Leopard and Steve Job's mother. Having tried everything, I decided to take my cable modem to the Time Warner store and swap it out for a new one. Dare I say it, it's Snappier™.

Turns out the modem was bad. I retract all the nasty things I said.

2. unity macrumors 6502a

Good for you!

But this is what ticks me off about forums. Leopard has been a VERY smooth update. Only those with problems complain and there is ALWAYS a solution. Whether is be a clean install or updating a certain app. If Leopard was really bad EVERYONE would have issues.

With that said, there is nothing more frustrating than depending on technology and when it goes wrong some freak and panic.

3. billmister macrumors 6502

Comming from a tech field in the past, if my internet connection was slow, i would most likely start looking at the internet connection wires, speed, and if other computers on my network are effected as well.

I would NOT blame the operating system specially the maker of apple, or mother :eek: ????

I'm glad you sorted thing out, but first go thru some trouble shooting before assuming it's something else.

Now if the obvious is obvious (ex: 128mb ram, 600mzh speed) then of course but if it was working fine before always cut down by trouble shooting. Good luck!

4. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The problem started happening right after I updated to Leopard. Of course I would suspect it to be the cause.

5. unity macrumors 6502a

And thats why I did not poke at you, but forums in general.

You had one unfortunate coincidence, but like said there is a "method" to diagnose things. If my car runs out of gas do I blame the new tires I put on?

Just glad you got it fixed. I have had a GREAT MANY cable modems go south :(

6. TheStu macrumors 65816

Well he did say that it started happening after installing Leopard. Based on my tech background, the first question I ask when something suddenly changes for the worst, is 'what changed just before this'. My friend once couldn't play guild wars all of a sudden. Thought it was Daemon Tools that was causing the issue. Nope, it was iTunes (installed just before DaemonTools) of all things. Uninstalled iTunes, he could play Guild Wars again. But he wanted iTunes more than Guild Wars, so guess what stayed :)