I'm sorry to have to do this...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hitman45400, Jan 4, 2009.

1. hitman45400 macrumors regular

But, i have been thinking..ever since i got my MBP, it seems kinda big and heavy, so, i was wondering if i should sell it and get the macbook..what worries me is the keyboard, the chicklet keys drive me off the wall, but i don't mind the screen, i don't do alot of things that would need a matte one anyway.
    second, would games like battlefield 2142 and cod4 and other games that might come out be able to tun smooth on the 9800 gt?
    and if i decided too, where could i sell it for a good price? preferably the price of a higher end macbook?

2. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I'm sorry to have to say this...shouldn't you be sure of what you're getting is right for you before buying it?

And those games are fairly old anyway, it'll run very well with the 9800gt. There's always Boot Camp.

3. hitman45400 thread starter macrumors regular

well i bought the early 08 MBP, a few weeks before the new line came out, and i would have gotten a macbook to begin with, but i didn't like the specs..

4. MacJenn macrumors regular

You will most likely take a huge hit if you sell it now. I wouldn't pay more than $1,100 for it especially when you can buy a refurb one from Apple for $1349.

I had both the reg Macbook and now the Pro and the size difference isn't much for me to carry around and I'm a small girl.

5. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Oops, sorry dude I assumed you bought the Late 08 MBP and didn't like it. I'll take that harsh post back :D.

Regarding gaming performance, the 9600M is a very capable card. And as I said before, BF1242 and COD4 are fairly dated already and should run on fairly decent settings. If you want numbers just google it.

As for the weight thing, you're going to have to go instore and check it out. Remember they are all Aluminium now, so a little denser too.

But what's wrong with your current MBP apart from it being a little heavy that you would want to spend $2k on a new machine?

Dunno about resale on your old one though.

6. hitman45400 thread starter macrumors regular

thats what i'm worried about..
    and it's not the the weight, just the size of it can be kind of annoying.

7. hitman45400 thread starter macrumors regular

i've used them instore and loved it..when will they usually start selling the refurbs?
    and i have priced mine being around 1.5 or 1.6k
    it's not diffident, just thinking about it right now..

8. MacJenn macrumors regular

They have been selling your model refurb which is basically new for $1349 since Oct. It is usually available. Somebody would have to be really stupid to pay you anywhere close to what you want. I don't understand why anyone would want to downgrade especially with the horrible screen the reg Macbook has, but to each their own I guess.

9. hitman45400 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, i wouldn't ask that much, unless i found someone ignorant enough to buy it..

10. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I have both also and the size and weight difference is really no big deal IMO. I carry books, folders, etc. across a big campus, through the airport, traveling everywhere and it isn't a big deal. I'm extremely pleased with my new Pro and wouldn't trade or sell it for a Macbook.

I certainly wouldn't take the pounding you will probably take to get a laptop which is not as good as yours like someone said though. It is your decision. Good luck.