iPad mini I'm sory iPad Mini, i can't love you XD

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacAPOL, Apr 21, 2013.

1. MacAPOL, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013

MacAPOL macrumors member

MacAPOL

Hello guys, i'm going to tell my story about the ipad Mini.

I bought it on February. My first and only iPad was the iPad 2 which i sold because of not having a retina display.
    When i bought the Mini, i thought that the display would be enough for me. But i was wrong. It's a beautiful piece of design but the screen for me is really bad.

That is the main reason i'm thinking of selling it and buying an iPad 4. But the size and portability is a negative there. So I'm in the middle.

So i think im buying the ipad 4 until the ipad mini 2 gets a retina. Do you think i should sell it or just wait for the retina while i use the Mini ?

Thanks for reading

2. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

U sold your Ipad 2 because u want retina and u bought a mini?

IMO, Ipad 2 is more superior than mini.

3. AnorexicPig macrumors 6502

AnorexicPig

It's fine MacAPOL, I have millions of lovers-you wont be missed *says mini :cool:*

4. Capt T macrumors 6502a

At this point why not wait to see what is coming out later this year?

5. mrmarts macrumors 65816

I hope the chances are good that we will see a retina display in the mini line.

6. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Well since you want to get the 4 with retina but the size and weight is a concern, what do you value more? A better display or better portability?

You had a 2, I do not know for how long but I do not see the 4 I own being a brick to use and carry around even with the Logitech Ultrathin keyboard I added.

I do not see new ipads coming out till at least late fall or early winter at best. Just my opinion.

7. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

That's what I was thinking.

In other news, have you heard that Samsung has been paying Taiwanese students for reviews?

8. DesertEagle, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013

DesertEagle macrumors 6502a

DesertEagle

My first and only iPad was also the iPad 2, but unlike you, I've been satisfied with it and I still am. My wife has a mini, though, so I know what it's like. I'm waiting for the iPad 5 and I'll keep the 2 until then. If you have the mini now, and you want the iPad 5 or retina mini, I recommend you to keep the mini until the next one comes out. Who knows, maybe you should have one of each (i.e. one regular iPad and one mini).

Whatever happens, I hope that you and the mini can still be friends. :D

9. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I personally think the mini is vastly superior to the iPad 2 in almost every way.

10. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

just out of curiosity, why not buy a Ipad 3? I think I saw a 64GB iPad 3, between $460-500 in the past week or so.

11. MacAPOL thread starter macrumors member

MacAPOL

Thanks for the comments. After thinking it a while, i think i'm going to keep the mini till it gets retina. I prefer the portability because i'm always carrying it to the university and i have pdf's and all that to make presentations, its a lot easier because its small.

I hope the retina comes to the mini this year. If not, i'm going to buy a 5. We will se.

12. beautifulcoder macrumors regular

Don't sell your mini!

I have the iPad 4 and yes the retina display is great. Looking back, before I got this amazing piece of engineering all PC monitors looked "okay". Now, everything that is not retina looks like absolute crap. Now, as a web developer I spend my days looking at Windows 7 with dual 24 inch monitor thinking to myself: what a piece of ****. Seriously, it ruined my life.

Actually, if I were to go back in time I would definitely buy the mini. It feels perfect in my hands. The iPad 4 is heavier than the iPad 2. It makes my hands hurt after holding in the bus for little while.