Im staying with current Iphone till the dust settles...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tttexxan, Jul 10, 2008.

1. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

After reading some of the reviews Im going to w8 this one out...I post some of this in another thread so why not put my Bah humbug here....

Since I already have 1st gen Iphone with 2.0 update I keep asking myself why get an upgrade??

The edge actually works good in my area..(Dallas/Fort Worth) If your on the 3G network and it gets bog down your not going that much faster anyway...Maybe a little but nothing that will create a WOW factor....
    My buddy at work uses a 3G AT&T phone and chugs away trying to load a page just like edge...He is not even loading a full webpage.

Reviews are stating battery life to only last 1/2 day and maybe less over time....Ohhhh this will never do...What good is GPS or 3G if it sucks the life out of the phone...Sure turn the 3G off then your back to edge...Hmmmm and still paying 15 bucks less a month...

GPS with no turn by turn ability...What good is this...Here hold my phone and make the turns as we go??? I dont think so...Mine does this already...

So for those already owning an IPHONE is it really worth it?? I hope next year/model will offer us more...

However the 2.0 update rocks...

If you dont have an Iphone than be my guess and the 3G phone will be great (atleast I hope the battery life is more than reported)

2. View macrumors regular

I'm, too, impressed with the 2.0! Very impressed as some of the apps are very useful. I'm not getting the 3G one tomorrow, but will get one soon after all the lines are gone (or when it's back in stock again, if they ran out).

Because I can see the app like "where" could become a lot more useful with the GPS! and btw, the turn-by-turn is going to be available sooner or later.
    Not too pumped about the 3G though, since most places out of a city (where no hotspots available) don't have 3G coverage.

3. sellitman macrumors regular

sellitman

I'm waiting too. I own a real GPS already and when I use the internet 75% of the time I am in Wifi. Since we will be getting the software update anyhow I don't get it?