I'm stickin with my 3G until i5..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sgrrsh26, Oct 5, 2011.

1. sgrrsh26 macrumors 6502

Call me insane but I'm not going to miss out on the greatest upgrade ever

2. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I thought I got the award for most patient upgrade...but I'm going to give this to you.

I have an ipad2 and that has replaced the phone for gaming and lots of other things for me. But I made the mistake of getting ios4 and sometimes it takes me forever to get that home button to work. I will literally press it 50 times before I get a response. The memory is just eaten up. It's time...

3. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Except if you follow the naming convention now, It will be the iPhone 6, not the iPhone 5, since it would then follow the generational number, not the sequential number.

4. ah123 macrumors regular

OK, thanks for letting us know of your intentions. Much appreciated.

5. zephxiii macrumors 6502

yea, you are insane. There is no way I'd want to use a 3G..ever, i didn't want it when it first came out. I had a 3GS and I would hate to use that....well the only thing I really hated about it was the Camera, not so great batt life comes in second. Other than that 3GS was great.

6. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

You will be waiting forever then. The next iPhone will be the iPhone 6.

7. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

You are not alone. I had my credit card ready and Tim laid an egg. We waited sixteen months for that? I can wait another six months for amazing and will make Apple earn my money. Besides, if they're going to continue this incremental upgrade that means the two year contract will match up to their "new" product cycle.

8. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

Here are your options:

If you wait a year for the iPhone 5/6 (or whatever it's called):
    -Spend 1 whole year with a 3 generation old model (your 3G)
    -Upgrade in one year to the latest model

If you upgrade now to the iPhone 4S
    -Spend 1 whole year with the latest model
    -Spend 1 whole year with a 1 generation old model
    -Upgrade in two years to the latest model

If I were you I'd go with the second option. I'd rather "suffer" through one year of having a 1 generation old model than suffering another year with a 3G.

9. zephxiii macrumors 6502

I agree, there is such a massive difference between the 4S and 3G, or even the 4 and 3G.

10. Globetrotter macrumors regular

Globetrotter

the iphone 5 might never come, or be another 16 months away - get the 4S, be happy

11. Hokkaaaido macrumors newbie

Hokkaaaido

Hopefully this isn't too off topic, but if you're roughin' it with your 3g till the i5, I recommend you look into loading on "whited00r". It's a piece of cfw that runs on Ios 3.1.3 as a base. It's done wonders for mine!

12. emir macrumors 6502a

emir

i too have 3g and i am definitely getting the 4S. After 3 years with my beloved 3G, it lost it's battery life, it's super slow like and old lady trying to walk across the street with a walker, and it now doesn't have a lock/power button.

I wish i knew when it's going to come to my country, yes i am in the "other 70" countries.