Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DUCKofD3ATH

Suspended
Jun 6, 2005
Universe 0 Timeline
I'm happily running Snow Leopard Server in emulation (Parallels 8) on Mountain Lion. Best of all worlds, I can run Macromedia Freehand and all other old stuff.

If you want to do the same, Apple is selling SLS for $20, available by telephone request only: 1.800.MYAPPLE (1.800.692.7753).

Apple Part Number: MC588Z/A

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2005
I'm happily running Snow Leopard Server in emulation (Parallels 8) on Mountain Lion. Best of all worlds, I can run Macromedia Freehand and all other old stuff.

If you want to do the same, Apple is selling SLS for $20, available by telephone request only: 1.800.MYAPPLE (1.800.692.7753).

Apple Part Number: MC588Z/A

And run ML as MAIN...? no way... I'd rather do the other way round... :D

CrickettGrrrl

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
B'more or Less
I hate to be a crank about this but I just feel more irritated the more I try to use Mountain Lion for everyday things.

--Trying to email a web page to my Dad in ML turns it into a nasty hard-to-read format that looks nothing like the actual page. This was not a problem in Snow Leopard.

If I turn it into a PDF first, then it sends it as an attachment which my Dad will definitely not click to open.

The idea of buying Snow Leopard SERVER when I've already paid for Snow Leopard regular and THEN buy Parallels just to do something basic makes me beat my head on my desk. Maybe it's just me. Maybe there is a better way in Mountain Lion which I will eventually hear about a year from now. After Mavericks has been out a while already.

I tried to save an iframe but that didn't work. If it did, it would be extra steps anyway. Why take this stuff away? Who was it hurting? I'm not even remotely a power user.

jljue

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2011
Brandon, MS
I liked Snow Leopard on my Late 2008 MBP because it was pretty fast and stable. When I upgraded to a used Early 2011 MBP, I usually use Mountain Lion because of iCloud and other nice features, but I still have SL on external drive that I boot to occasionally to use DVD Studio Pro, which was part of my Final Cut Studio 2 package. Since I wasn't easily able to install FCS2 in ML and I didn't want to just migrate it over to the newer OS by 2 versions (fears from my Windows days), I decided my best bet was to just leave it on an external drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.