I'm still having signal issues with bumper

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by William Gates, Jun 28, 2010.

1. William Gates macrumors 6502

William Gates

My phone loses signal like normal even with the bumper on. I've never lost the entire signal, it just goes down to one bar. I wonder what apple can do to fix this.

2. defaudio macrumors newbie

just got my bumper in today and i can also report that it does not fix the problem. bars still go to one when holding the sweet spot :mad:

3. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

hmmmm ....... a software fix couldn't possibly be a solution ........... according to the forum

4. allanweinman macrumors newbie

Probably will have to be a recall. And I am sure Apple will not initiate it. They will have to be forced.

5. i-Engineer macrumors member

without bumper, i fully lose the signal; with bumper, the signal goes down to one bar and stay there

6. RC83 macrumors 6502

7. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

8. Chimpware macrumors regular

No it doesn't.

9. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Mine seems to have slower data since I put the bumper on earlier. It's very odd :confused:

10. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

I tried the death grip for several minutes with my Bumper on, I lost a bar, then I gained 2. Seriously, I don't think it had any impact at all, that just happens where I live.

11. bushbaby macrumors 6502

bushbaby

In the Magic Kingdom? :p <sorry, couldn't resist - I have the same probs, just no bumper yet>

12. Chimpware macrumors regular

What is even more odd is people measuring data rates using the irrefutable "seems" methodology, which everyone knows is the mos reliable and repeatable method, only really surpassed by the "feels" technique.

13. SuperDuper-C macrumors member

Seriously, it's that simple. It may be ridiculous that you have to do it in the first place, but for goodness sakes, move your fingers half an inch up wards an you'll be just fine, stop gripping the phone, intentionally looking for it to drop service, just so you can complain.

14. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I've been forced to use a bumper in order for the phone ( this _is_ supposed to be a phone right? ) to operate on a somewhat poor yet functional basis. It helped but did not eliminate the problem. Worse is the fact that conveniently the only source is Apple. Funny how that is. Seems very fishy to me. That Jobs guy is the master of deception.

15. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Thanks for the sarcastic post.

I put the bumper on, and ever since it's taken at least 2-3 times as long to load a website. I use the phone enough that I can tell when it's acting differently. I'm not blaming the bumper because it could very well be just an AT&T fluke for today.

16. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

If only..

Nah, I live in an area primarily served by Verizon. I do get a full signal in the back side of the house and backyard, but we couldn't even keep our AT&T land line when we moved here. Verizon only. Our AT&T wireless signal always randomly comes and goes in most of house. Same with the 3GS and our non-Apple AT&T wireless phone.

17. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk