Im Stumped! How do I get my photos from mac to iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by enzo thecat, Jun 24, 2015.

1. enzo thecat macrumors 6502

enzo thecat

With the new iphoto or whatever it is called (the photos icon on my mbpro), I can't figure out how to get the photos to my iphone. The old program used to recognize my phone when it was synced with the usb-lightening adapter. With the new program, there is no recognition of my phone. And no way to drag and drop. I'd really appreciate some help. I've googled for help, but I can't find help for this new iphoto version, only the old.

I really hate the changes Apple is making lately. Things that should be easy are frustrating to the core.

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

Hasn't it always been iTunes that's been the app that actually does the copying of photos down from your Mac to your iPhone?

I'd try plugging your iPhone into your Mac, going into iTunes, and look to see what the Photo sync setting tab is set to do.

3. enzo thecat thread starter macrumors 6502

enzo thecat

No. itunes doesnt sync the photos anymore. Apple is removing common sense from the iOS experience

4. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

really it doesn't anymore? i hardly ever sync with my computer. i do miss the old iPhotos program too. i don't like the new photos one.

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

That's news to me, too.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Apple's intent is for you to turn on iCloud Photos. Then everything will sync over the internet at thumbnail size and any photos you open on your phone will download the full sized version at that time.

The question remains, however, what Apple expects those of us who can't use iCloud Photos to do. Unless I've missed something I think the answer is 'nothing.'

Perhaps start searching the app store for 3rd party apps. Maybe start with Dropbox and Dropbox Carousel and see how they work together? I also hear Google's new photo service is nice and works with iOS too.

7. enzo thecat thread starter macrumors 6502

enzo thecat

My "icloud photos" is on. Just not my "photo library"

8. aristobrat macrumors G4

Shows as an option in iTunes on my Mac.

Perhaps that option goes away on your Mac if you enabled iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone (which I haven't done).

Attached Files:

• foo.png
      foo.png
      File size:
      138.9 KB
      Views:
  9. frazzm737 macrumors regular

frazzm737

I am able to sync from Photos in iTunes, as well. I don't have iCloud Photo Library enabled on the phone.