Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rafifreak00

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2006
Kansas. No, not on a farm.
You've ALL got to be joking me!

You spent, what, at least $1500 on your new Mac? That remote that you washed?
Screw them! 1-800-MY-APPLE and just say it's not working at all.

Do you really think they are going to open up a little remote to check for small marks if it's been in water?
No. And if they do- you don't know anything about it.

"Oh hey, come on now, it's only $30 for a new one!"
Money is money. It's "Only $30" for one guy and "$30 for a stupid, little white remote?" from the next.

Waiting a little while and getting a free new replacement remote is ten times better, I'd say. Do that and don't feel any guilt.
If you do- then just burn $30 out of your own pocket for a replacement.

And #@^! your ethics, I have none.

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
save that ethical b.s. for a REAL ISSUE...not some little remote

Ethics applies to issues of all sizes, and is certainly not bull ****. People do choose to cheat sometimes, I'm very aware of that. And it's none of my business, until they post about it on a forum where I participate. If they don't want my (or others') opinions, they shouldn't mention it.

If you, for example, make a false insurance claim for a 100 dollar cell phone that you wreck, it's not any more okay than it would be to do so for a 1000 dollar camera.

It's truly rotten luck when you wreck something, especially something new. I've done it myself, and I feel for the OP. But "you break it, you buy it" applies here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.