I'm such a genius!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by phillipjfry, Oct 7, 2007.

1. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

Ok, I might not be the first one to think of this, but I like to think I am. :)

I wanted to have internet access at home but if my gf uses my computer, I still want access to macrumors and the like. So I set internet sharing on my wireless connection on my iMac (haven't found a use to having wifi beyond this). Now I can still spam macrumors' forums and my gf can continue to myspace till she's blue in the face. :cool:

Anyone else had any neat ideas they came up with for their Ipod Touch?
    I hope they crack this baby open so I can have a decent notes application for work.

2. sananda macrumors 68020

you are definitely in the einstein category. no-one else will be doing that.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Yes, pics of the girlfriend turning blue in the face might be rather interesting.

5. phillipjfry thread starter macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

*loss for words* Will a tcpdump suffice? :)

Hold on, I'll start a senseless argument with her in which I knew she was right in the first place. That'll do 'er :)

6. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

so your gf is pluggedcin to the Internet and sharing through hrr airport card?

7. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

Yeah, im pretty sure thats what the op was describing. I'm guessing you're typing from your ipod touch too? (judging by the spelling hahah)

8. phillipjfry thread starter macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

Lol because my iMa....I mean my gf is always messing around on myspace :confused::p

9. papadopolis1024 macrumors 6502

OMG this is amazing I did not know you could do that... O wait ya I did....

10. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

Did you seriously think that this wasn't the very first thing that every intel mac owner thought as jobs announced wifi for the touch?

11. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

well yes I was. And so is this. Usally my spelling is good from my touch. Now al my browsing is done on my touch due to a punishment (dad took my airport card for going over our download limit three mnths in a row( our Internet in Australia is not crap but if u want speed u need a small limit))

12. phillipjfry thread starter macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

Not really. I was being kinda sarcastic but a lot more people took me serious than I had originally thought. At the end of my post I also asked if anyone had any other things they might have thought of doing with their iPod Touch. I should think more carefully next time before throwing around that "G" word :p