I'm surprised there isn't a charging box

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Mulley2472, May 7, 2015.

1. Mulley2472 macrumors regular

Im surprised there isn't a charging box similar to the box that comes with the edition models out there to buy. I find the charging stands look bulky and wouldn't necessarily add much value. If you wanted to see a notification while in bed or whatever you would just glance at your phone.

2. Mac 128 macrumors 601

Mac 128

They have to make the edition owners feel special first. That's why there's no lower cost gold alternative, despite many people who can't afford the Edition also don't wear silver. I expect to see both arrive by Christmas.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

not just a charging box, but I am surprised there was no changing stand at all from apple. I have a nomad on order that is suppose to ship 5/21. Once the watch is charging notifications are not displayed, so that is not the point of the stands.

4. Mulley2472 thread starter macrumors regular

Still with all of the company's making stands why not make a box?

5. AtheistP3ace macrumors 6502a

AtheistP3ace

I would love a charging stand. Hate the cable.

6. Mac 128 macrumors 601

Mac 128

I wouldn't want a charging box. The stand makes the most sense for daily use. The box is an affectation of the watch wearing community. I've never used any of the watch boxes I've ever gotten as storage for my watches, despite how elaborately designed, or plushy appointed, they're clumsy and well, boxy to me. But many of my watch wearing friends wouldn't keep their watches anywhere else. The Edition is designed to appeal to that high-end wearing community who are likely going to want to treat the Watch the same as they do with their Rolex. It's not as common for the under $1K crowd, but there are those who do likewise keep their watches in a box, but they can wait for a few months before they can buy one at those prices.

Meanwhile the people making watch stands are traditionally electronics accessory makers, not watch people, who are thinking about the Watch as a tech device, not a precision piece of jewelry that tells time. The people who make watch boxes, are probably not interested in the Watch at all.