I'm tearing my hair out, PLEASE help!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by radiantorganics, Dec 19, 2007.

1. radiantorganics macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am using iMovie to create a youtube video. I want to insert a still image in the middle of my video so that the image becomes my youtube video thumbnail. How do I determine the exact position/timing of the still image?

I have tried sooo many times and it doesn't seem to come up at the right spot. I have heard that it is in the exact middle - am I missing something here?

Is there an easy way to figure out the exact center of the timeline?

Please help :)

best,
    Jenn

2. penter macrumors 6502a

penter

3. barijazz macrumors 6502

When you are compressing it you could be losing a few frames. Try compressing it for youtube. then check the time and insert it from that time. I bet you the fps goes down when youtube compresses it. You might just be a few frames off.:eek:

4. CJRhoades macrumors 6502

To get the exact middle frame, just divide your total frames by 2 and insert the still image there. But, do this after it has been compressed for YouTube.

5. hdayala macrumors newbie

How's the Hair?!

Is there not a frame within the Movie that you would like as the "Thumbnail??" I am sure that after working your movie, you exported it with your chosen You Tube settings. Open the exported movie as a Quicktime movie, pause your movie at the Frame you would like to act a a Still image, go to the 'View' menu and choose "Set Poster Frame." When you upload your movie, the chosen "Poster Frame" will be the still image people will see before the click the play button.

If you definitely want your "Still Image" inserted in your movie, go ahead and insert it in your timeline, and when you finished working the movie, export it, open it with quicktime, fast forward to where your inserted picture is, Pause, go to View menu, choose "Set Poster Frame" and upload your movie

Good luck