I'm tempted to sell my iMac...

davidg4781

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Any thoughts on this?

It's been sitting in my spare bedroom for probably a month and hasn't even been turned on. Every day that goes by it loses value. I bought it just for the neatness of it but rarely use it.

If I do sell it I can also sell my copy of Leopard which is selling for a pretty good price, along with some older versions of iWork and iLife. I've kept them around in case I ever needed them. I also use to be a bit nostalgic but as new hardware comes out rendering old ones useless, I've found I'd rather sell them now than later for less.

Maybe the reason I don't use it much is because I don't really have a place to use it. It's sitting on a TV tray in the spare bedroom in front of a futon. To use it I have the keyboard on my lap and the mouse on the futon part. Anywhere else in my apartment I get poor wireless signal.

Maybe I need to get a desk?

davidg4781

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
if you truly consider it useless then i agree, it's time for it to go.
I don't know if I'd consider it useless. I'm able to browse the web with Ten4Fox. I have iWork to do any kind of work on there, and I'm sure there's lots of PPC apps I can get that are functional and still inexpensive. I just hate seeing it sit in here doing nothing. I bought an ACD that I can use on my MBP and quite honestly, I've rarely used that since I just use it on my lap or in bed. If I had some major work to do I'd use the ACD but for now it's just used for recreation.

----------

I see that it's a 20 inch :cool:

Always wanted one! Along with a Cube, a QS, a iBook G4, Xserve G4, a bunch of G4 macs.
Yes, and it's pretty nice, especially after adding 1GB of RAM. I actually used it quite a bit for the first week I had it but I couldn't get any internet to it.

Ih8reno

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2012
if you are not happy having it around then yes sell it to someone who will want it. If you still love having it but don't use it every day that's fine. We all keep things that mean a lot to us but it doesn't mean we have to use it everyday.

davidg4781

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
if you are not happy having it around then yes sell it to someone who will want it. If you still love having it but don't use it every day that's fine. We all keep things that mean a lot to us but it doesn't mean we have to use it everyday.
Maybe I'll keep it around. And maybe I'll get a desk. I came into the spare bedroom to get some stuff and saw this. Made me feel bad that it's been sat in here all alone for this whole time.

MysticCow

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2013
I'd check to see if a starving teacher near you would like to have it first.

Especially check with art and music teachers, because they tend to get NOTHING from their board offices.