Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Does anyone have any experience with this product? I would really like to know if it is fast enough to play my 1080p movies without any lag before I purchase one.

Link - http://ca.transcend-info.com/Apple/jetdrivelite/

thanks! :apple:

The specs indicate a 95MB/s read and 60MB/s write speeds, which is pretty much what you'd get on a regular magnetic hard drive.

A regular hard drive(even a slow one) can play 1080p video all day, everyday without breaking a sweat. I don't see how this would be any different.

Plus, I doubt they'd advertise it this way:
Simply insert JetDrive Lite into the card reader slot on the side of your MacBook and instantly boost your storage capacity. With up to 128GB available, you can store up to 62,000 photos, 32,000 songs or 1920 min. of Full HD video.

If it couldn't handle it.

Colin0317

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
The specs indicate a 95MB/s read and 60MB/s write speeds, which is pretty much what you'd get on a regular magnetic hard drive.

A regular hard drive(even a slow one) can play 1080p video all day, everyday without breaking a sweat. I don't see how this would be any different.

Plus, I doubt they'd advertise it this way:

If it couldn't handle it.

Thanks, much appreciated!

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
I just got the JetDrive Lite a couple weeks ago to put my iTunes library on. When I first got it I found I had issues with it unmounting when I'd close the laptop lid. I googled and discovered the JetDrive Toolbox and have not had issues since.. well, except for one time I left iTunes open and then went to iTunes when I opened the lid before the card remounted.. but just once! I haven't played any movies with it yet, but have no problems with the music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.