General I'm thinking about toying with iOS development

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TheBSDGuy, Apr 25, 2013.

1. TheBSDGuy macrumors 6502

I'm thinking about getting a little more serious about iPhone/iPad development. I've done a little in the past, and all I ever used was the simulator. Now I'm interested in doing some more in depth stuff.

You might wonder "why are you posting this on the Jailbreaks section." The answer is easy. I would like to try this out without paying Apple the $100 fee they charge for developers and was wondering if I did a Jailbreak on my iPhone, I could install it without the need and red tape that seems to be tied to standard iOS development.

What I'd like to do is this:

1. Jailbreak my iPhone, which is an iPhone 4 running iOS 6.1.3, but downgrading it to an earlier version isn't a big deal
    2. Develop some apps for the iPhone
    3. Install these on the iPhone and test them out.

My iPhone is used primarily as a PDA. My company provides us with cell phones that aren't Apple, so cell service isn't a problem. At least not yet anyway. I want to be able to do tests that will use the Wi-Fi for internet usage though.

Any comments will be appreciated as I'm pretty new to this.

Thanks

2. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

It's possible, at least theoretically. Haven't really bothered with it as, back in the day (2008), it would have been very complicated and, after that, I just purchased a dev account and haven't had the need to use alternative means of deploying apps any more.

However, don't you have a friend with a paid dev account? You could just ask him to add your device to their device pool so that you can directly deploy apps onto your iPhone from your Xcode? Then, you wouldn't need to hack around at all.